Colt Bisley or its Cimarron Copy? Anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I think I would like a Cimarron copy of the Colt Bisley, but I have never held one. I would like to hold one or even shoot one to see if it would fit my hands correctly but they are as rare as hen's teeth. Do any of you in the Indy area or south to Bloomington have one I could try or know of a shop that has one?

I am not interested in a Ruger copy. I like Ruger but NCOWS doesn't allow the Ruger Bisley in their sanctioned matches because they are not an accurate copy.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Marksman in Westfield had a Bisley something or other last time I was there.

I really liked it as it was different, but ended up getting an 1873 with the 1860 grip. Liked it better.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I have one in 357 mag. I'm an hour north of Indy, if your interested you're more than welcome to try it out. Nice firearm, I really like it!

Last time I was in Cabellas in fishers they had an original, it was only $6500.00 or something near that, they might let you fondle that one.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have one in 357 mag. I'm an hour north of Indy, if your interested you're more than welcome to try it out. Nice firearm, I really like it!

Last time I was in Cabellas in fishers they had an original, it was only $6500.00 or something near that, they might let you fondle that one.

It was still there last night.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've got some of both the Colt and Cimarron. The curve is a little different but not much, on the Cimarron the front of the bottom of the grip is a little higher than the Colt. The Ruger Bisley has a much straighter grip. Just finishing up the resto on a Colt Bisley 44-40 from 1909. Here are some old Colts, Ubertis and a Ruger. Grip shape, like on any gun, will change your feel. From the top, Colt, Uberti, Ruger, Colt, Uberti, Colt.

Last edited:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Thanks, everyone. I pulled a muscle in my back a week ago so I have not been mobile. I had an MRI done on Friday to see what the hecks going on so I should get the results today. When I am able to drive again I will check some of these out.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Cimarron sent me a Bisley to play with for my writing. I ordered some Colt Bisley grips just for the fun of it and to see just how close the Cimarron Bisley is to the real thing. I think they look good.

ek3408P.jpg

Tuh1TyK.jpg

Top Bottom