• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For those that have a MkIII, would you recommend the Volquartsen kit or the Majestic Arms kit?

Volquartsen is the name I hear most often. If I go this route is the accurizing kit or the competition kit the better option? The competition kit looks like the better buy for what you get. The competition kit looks like it really has everything that could be needed.

Any reason not to get the competion kit over over the accurizing kit?

I’ve heard of Majestic Arms, but not as often as I hear Volquartsen. I’m looking at the Match Kit and the Master kit. Prices appear to be better from Majestic Arms, but the top of the line kit doesn’t include the firing pin or extractor. The really big draw to Majestic Arms is the speed strip kit that is included. A downside to the Master kit is the seat requires final fitting, I don’t know what that fully entails yet.

Thoughts or experiences with either brand would be greatly appreciated. My gut says neither are bad choices and to pick the ones that offers the most, which is currently the Majestic kit for the speed strip ability.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've mostly used Volquartsen parts. I used the MKII Accurizing Kit in my Mark III. This kit comes with the hammer bushing needed to remove the magazine disconnect. Also added their Extended Safety and TL Rear Sight and a Tandemkross LCI Replacement Insert.

The result is a crisp trigger with no creep that I can detect. It breaks at just under 2lbs.

The Competition Kit couldn't hurt but I'm completely happy with the Accurizing Kit.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Is there any need to do the firing pin and extractor before hey have an issue? If there isn’t a need for these right away, I could pick up some other bits I’d like to have instead.

I’ve looked at the TandemKross LCI - I’ve not had issues with the LCI, is that something that normally causes problems?

I guess the big reason to go Majestic is the speed strip kit. I’ve had mine apart a couple of time without issues, except the last time I went to put it back together. I messed up somewhere along the lines and it fought me from there.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Is there any need to do the firing pin and extractor before hey have an issue? If there isn’t a need for these right away, I could pick up some other bits I’d like to have instead.

I’ve looked at the TandemKross LCI - I’ve not had issues with the LCI, is that something that normally causes problems?

I guess the big reason to go Majestic is the speed strip kit. I’ve had mine apart a couple of time without issues, except the last time I went to put it back together. I messed up somewhere along the lines and it fought me from there.

I had a 22/45 lite that had issues with the LCI, I sent it to Ruger and still had problems so I removed it. Also have a regular 22/45 MKIII and just to be in the safe side I removed the LCI from the beginning.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have the Majestic Arms kit and find I didn’t use it that much and now not at all because I have a Vortex Venom with the rear sight mount on the gun. I just watch a video before reassembling if it’s been a while since I’ve cleaned it.
    I put the Tandemkross flat trigger and VQ target sear in and that seemed to make a big difference. I did the firing pin, LCI and extractor just because but don’t know it’s really necessary if you’re not having issues

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the input guys!

A VQ sear and hammer are in route along with a TK trigger, hammer bushing, and a LCI replacement.

you don't need the lci replacement, just remove the lci and leave an open space, that's what I did on both of my 22/45's, and if I can give you some advise, get a slingshot slide release!, pull the bolt back, and the slide stop drops on its own (without you pushing it down)

ive got the whole vq kit in one of mine and I'm getting a 2.25# trigger pull, but I do like the flat trigger on the tk trigger!. the only majestic part I have is a slide racker, not that I need it, my cmore sits far enough forward that it dosent interfere with my bolt, but it makes clearing a jam or misfire a hell of a lot faster! especially in competition, that with the sling shot slide stop is an awesome combination!

I shot steel challenge on sunday and had 2 misfires on different stages, and both times I was able to stay in shooting position with my arms up, rack the slide, and back on target fast enough for people to say "good recovery"

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s already been ordered and the open spot from the LCI would drive my crazy. Maintaining what’s left of my sanity is worth the $20. :D

For now, the standard slide release doesn’t bother me and I splurged on an extra piece that I’ve been wanting to play with. I looked at the slingshot several times, it’ll come later in the year I’d imagine. My splurge pushes the budget a bit furth than I wanted. Oops, but I have compensator to play with now.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I gorge Game Changer Pro from TK. Mine is pretty much going to look likes your when the parts arrive. The difference being the grips, haven’t decided what I want there yet.

Nice! That’s the new stainless one right? It’s a great little gun. People complain about cleaning the pre IV 22/45s but I don’t think it’s a big deal and like the looks of the earlier ones better.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Parts all arrived today and everything is in except the LCI replacement. I can’t get the pin to come out, any suggestions?

Love the Victory trigger! Overall a nice, light, trigger pull now with a crisp break. No more mush.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Parts all arrived today and everything is in except the LCI replacement. I can’t get the pin to come out, any suggestions?

place a wood block on the top of the barrel, (with the pin on the bottom) tap the wood block with a hammer, or use a nylon tipped hammer without the block, I hear it can be a *****, I hat to hit my barrels a little harder than I would have thought, but I got both out

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve heard tale of the pins coming out with a strong magnet but that wasn’t my experience. I think I put painters tape on the surrounding area and carefully pried it out with a wood chisel.
    There are a few techniques outlined in the 22/45 section on rimfire central if you have trouble

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I tried the magnet. I tried tapping it with a rubber mallet. I think I’m going to leave it be for the moment and when the stock piece start giving me an issue I’ll revisit this.

I did get to the range today. It’s a totally different gun now. I liked it before. I love it now. This turned out awesome. The trigger has gone from ok and mushy, to short and crisp. The compensator les it runs flat and encourages shooting faster. I’m thrilled with this set of upgrades.

Top Bottom