I'm new to the group thanks for the add and I need HELP...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guthrie32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Mitchell
    Back on march 11 2017 I bought a dirty hairy stainless revolver S/W 629 classic 44 mag and 1000 rounds in gray plastic boxes... well I am trying to find who I bought it from. I talked to alot of people at the 4-h fair grounds gun show but I'm not good with names. Please help... some one on here surely knows the guy or hes in here please help thanks. Sorry I'm a newbie

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm sure that I'm not going to know the guy regardless, but you may improve your odds if you could be more specific about where exactly you bought it. There are more than one 4-H fairgrounds.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back on march 11 2017 I bought a dirty hairy stainless revolver S/W 629 classic 44 mag and 1000 rounds in gray plastic boxes... well I am trying to find who I bought it from. I talked to alot of people at the 4-h fair grounds gun show but I'm not good with names. Please help... some one on here surely knows the guy or hes in here please help thanks. Sorry I'm a newbie

Just curious, is there a specific reason you are looking for him? Is there something one of us could potentially assist with?

Also, was it a vendor with a table or a random person attending who was selling?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Is there now an issue with it? And that's why you are looking for the guy that sold it to you?
    Sounds like maybe he sold you a bunch of re-loaded ammo with it, if the ammo came in gray plastic boxes.

Just general info for all who may be reading, the original "Dirty Harry" was a Blue 29 .44 mag. with a 6 1/2 inch barrel.
    If you (the reader) have never seen the movie, it is a must watch.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Was this him?

OeLFxxK.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Is there now an issue with it? And that's why you are looking for the guy that sold it to you?
    Sounds like maybe he sold you a bunch of re-loaded ammo with it, if the ammo came in gray plastic boxes.

Just general info for all who may be reading, the original "Dirty Harry" was a Blue 29 .44 mag. with a 6 1/2 inch barrel.
    If you (the reader) have never seen the movie, it is a must watch.

Actually, I believe they used two barrel length guns with the 8 3/8 in the movie posters and a couple errant scenes? I could be wrong but that's what I remember. BUT...yes a Dirty Harry 44 is blued steel and wood and 6 1/2 barrel.

OP: No way in H$#@ would I shoot 1000 rounds of someone else's 44 mag reloads....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So guessing you’re looking for a serial number and proof of ownership?

Sorry about the bad break. That’s rough.

The 4-H grounds might keep a list of vendors that they would email for you with the request to be contacted by the seller. I’m sure they won’t give you the list but maybe they’d help you out.

Good reminder to keep records and photographs of what you own.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    This is a situation I found myself in a long time ago.

I bought a Dan Wesson 357 with multiple barrels. I crafted this nice presentation case for the whole package, brought it over to a buddies house to show it off. We took off to the bar and while we were gone one of his sons friends stole it.

First thing the Officer asks me, "what is the serial number?" My answer..."it started with a 4..." and my next statement, "yes I'm a D*&(*$S... sorry to waste your time."

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Actually, I believe they used two barrel length guns with the 8 3/8 in the movie posters and a couple errant scenes? I could be wrong but that's what I remember. BUT...yes a Dirty Harry 44 is blued steel and wood and 6 1/2 barrel.

OP: No way in H$#@ would I shoot 1000 rounds of someone else's 44 mag reloads....
    Absolutely correct about the Model 29 in Dirty Harry! The OP must learn a rule: Never shoot someone else’s reloads! Never, ever. Peace, out!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom