• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtcox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Just seeing what the thoughts are out there on the CZ 75 (and variants) for a carry gun and gear to go with it.

I currently have a SW Shield .40 (1.0). Mostly because that's what a friend was selling when I was looking at carry guns.

Really like what I've seen out there about the CZ's and interested on other's experiences. Wanting to have a 9mm so the ammo in my carry and home defense PCC are interchangeable.

I do a lot of driving so I'll need a comfortable holster (getting in and out of the car a lot, I don't want to have to holster every time I exit the vehicle).

So:

Which model for someone with a smaller frame?
    Good holsters?
    Recommended upgrades?

Note:
    I'm not concerned about the weight of the gun being heavier; I prefer steel frame to polymer.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Just seeing what the thoughts are out there on the CZ 75 (and variants) for a carry gun and gear to go with it.

I currently have a SW Shield .40 (1.0). Mostly because that's what a friend was selling when I was looking at carry guns.

Really like what I've seen out there about the CZ's and interested on other's experiences. Wanting to have a 9mm so the ammo in my carry and home defense PCC are interchangeable.

I do a lot of driving so I'll need a comfortable holster (getting in and out of the car a lot, I don't want to have to holster every time I exit the vehicle).

So:

Which model for someone with a smaller frame?
    Good holsters?
    Recommended upgrades?

Note:
    I'm not concerned about the weight of the gun being heavier; I prefer steel frame to polymer.

Let Tim tell you which CZ he chooses to carry and why... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl3BKsIgRek

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Good sights, utter reliability, good holster. The CZ has the advantage of being carried in Condition One should you desire. If you're going with a 9, one could certainly do worse. Don't go cheap on the holster either.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I plan on carrying my CZ75B Omega this fall/winter. It is way to big for me to conceal without wearing way more clothes than i need to. That said, I have a cloak tuck 3.0 from Alien gear that isn't the most comfortable. it worked fine with my XDM. I have a Galco shoulder harness that holds it very comfortably while driving. All I had to do was move the rubber trigger guard snubber a little bit from the XDM placement.

gtcox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Good sights, utter reliability, good holster. The CZ has the advantage of being carried in Condition One should you desire. If you're going with a 9, one could certainly do worse. Don't go cheap on the holster either.

Thanks! Certainly won't be going with a cheap holster. Holsters are as important as the firearm and ammo itself in some situations.

gtcox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I plan on carrying my CZ75B Omega this fall/winter. It is way to big for me to conceal without wearing way more clothes than i need to. That said, I have a cloak tuck 3.0 from Alien gear that isn't the most comfortable. it worked fine with my XDM. I have a Galco shoulder harness that holds it very comfortably while driving. All I had to do was move the rubber trigger guard snubber a little bit from the XDM placement.

The perks of winter carry, right!?

I currently have the Alien Gear 2.0 holster with some UltiClips on it which is amazing. I can drive 4-6 hours without any discomfort. At least with the Shield...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll disagree on "good sights", as the factory option is meh at best. That's easy to change these days, though, lots of aftermarket support.

I'm not a fan of the safety. It's not as ergnomic as a 1911 style. You can get a decocker only version, which I'd recommend.

Tons of aftermarket support for holsters, etc. Magazines are plentiful and, last I checked, in expensive.

Personally, they are third on my list of TDA guns, behind Sig and Beretta. CZ is a valid option, though, and if I had to carry one I wouldn't cry about it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    CZ 75 compact, P-01 or PCR would all be fantastic carry guns IMO. I was never a fan of the safety on the 75 series and don't like decockers, so I ended up with the CZ P10c for my carry needs. To each their own ;)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The CZ has the advantage of being carried in Condition One should you desire.

Which, imo, defeats the entire value of DA.

Then again, I don't understand ANY DA pistol with a manual safety and no decocker. It seems confused design thinking to me. Why get a DA pistol only to treat it like a SAO and get a worse trigger?

I love 75s, but Omega or Decocker ONLY.

75s are surprisingly compact for a "full size" gun, so I'd think you could easily carry one every day. I think the slightly smaller P-01 or Compact is a better choice. The reduction in ammo capacity is insignificant, but the improvement in portability is not.

In the hand, the 75 feels to me more like a P229 sized gun than a P226. Only not as chubby as the P229 and even easier to carry.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I carry an SP-01 Tactical (decocker) quite often, and the weight DEMANDS a good belt. Volund G-Hook belts (Home page) work very well for me. I carry IWB in a horsehide Crossbreed, but they seem to have started using thinner Kydex lately. For the occasional OWB I use a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 and I''m very happy with it.

I will say that, overall, carrying a pistol as large as a CZ-75 takes dedication; it's MUCH easier to carry something smaller and less heavy. But it's a valid choice that I choose at least 75% of the time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The P01 if you want a rail and either the PCR or 75B compact if you don’t. Those are excellent carry guns. I’m a fan of the decocker models myself but any of them will work if you are willing to master the system.

Last edited:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I carry an SP-01 Tactical (decocker) quite often, and the weight DEMANDS a good belt. Volund G-Hook belts (Home page) work very well for me. I carry IWB in a horsehide Crossbreed, but they seem to have started using thinner Kydex lately. For the occasional OWB I use a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 and I''m very happy with it.

I will say that, overall, carrying a pistol as large as a CZ-75 takes dedication; it's MUCH easier to carry something smaller and less heavy. But it's a valid choice that I choose at least 75% of the time.

The sp01 tactical will be edc after getting a few more rounds thru it. I currently carry a glock 17. I'm debating an aliengear iwb, I have several and love them or a craft holster which the cz forum recommend

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ever since I got to take mine to the range I've been carrying an sp01...unless the situation called for really really concealed, which just draping a shirt tail over the cz just won't do. I got the holster from a LGS, and it's specifically for the sp01--can't for the life of me remember make/model, sorry. VERY comfortable as it sits on the belt held against my side and mostly out of view unless you look at just the right time and know what to look for--surprising for something as large as the 01. Granted, I'm a bit of a bigger guy, but with the right belt, this set up gets worn all day long with no issues whatsoever.
    IMG_20180830_171408144.jpg IMG_20180830_171354277.jpg

Top Bottom