Favorite magazines from guns you do not shoot? A love story.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So, we all have our favorite handguns, ammo, bullets, reloading gear, scopes etc. But who else feels funny about falling in love with a magazine with a gun you do not shoot?

Wilson Combat 47D
    For instance, the Wilson Combat 47D is the sexiest magazine made in my opinion. I want to keep one in my pants at all times (ain't talking about pockets). I even have a Wilson Combat glass glow display thing at my reloading bench.

BUT
    The 1911 is my favorite handgun theoretically, but I do not enjoy shooting them because of thumb over the safety, or I engage the safety inadvertently. I have owned many 1911s, that I only used 47D's in. I no longer own either, but oh how I dream of the Wilson Combat 47D magazines.

GLOCK 9mm mags
    The Glock magazines are just plain spectacular. I can trust a 17 or 33 rnd factory magazine in a G17, G19, G26 or even Sub2k without hesitation. The beautiful all plastic design, with the metal feed ramps and insides feel solid as a rock, yet they aren't cold to touch on a brisk winter day.

BUT
    I hate shooting Glocks and the Sub2k is the red headed step child's divorced communist uncle from crap land. The factory triggers of Glocks pinch my fingers, and even with a good trigger, the ergonomics of the M&Ps are superior in MY hands. And when I bought and SBR'd my lower from Double Diamond Law Enforcement (now Quarter Circle 10), it would have been a 6 month wait for the glock mag version, so I went with Colt mags. I friggin hate 9mm colt mags. Oh how I hate those clunky, unrefined pieces of garbage always spraying out 7 rounds when I drop them. Pieces of crap.

Ruger BX25
    The Ruger BX25 mags are like the Glock mags for me. They feel robust, solid and they operate like a .22 Eley piercing warm butter in a microwave set to 99 seconds until it is warm and then I hit stop because I can't figure out how to operate the dang butter melting option, much less set the clock, or figure out how to change heat intensity settings. Screw you Frigidaire.

BUT
    They are so dang big. Every hunt, they get in my way. At the range, they bump the table or are in my vision. I always opt for the 10 round factory mags. But man do the BX25s look so sexy in my safe. I like to hold them.

This is really about the Wilson Combat 47D mags.

Do you love any magazines you do not use like me?

Carry on.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Transitioned to M&P for carry from Glocks but still have all my Glocks as of now.

As you state, after spending some time loading M&P mags *double stack and Shield) and they are just thumb busters (need to buy a maglula) and after a few range sessions of dropping mags and reloading, they are all still functional, but the base pads are taking more of a beating than the Glock mags did. Also, the black metal mags just get super hot when laying on a table/bench in the sun.

The Glock mags are pretty amazing for their cost. The plastic outer body really protects and can take some some serious abuse, they don't get as hot, and they are just easy to load (never needed/used a mag loader with them). A work of simple art, IMO.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    PS90 mags & Calico 9mm mags, just cause they're different.

I don't own either of them.

I do have a calico and there's definitely something satisfying about having the heft of two boxes of ammo in there (well, after 5 minutes at the bench loading lol), wind it up and ready to go. the spring loaded feed lip is a nifty feature however well it may or may not work for you. (it's a single-feed, double-stack design but one of the lips is spring loaded so you can push the rounds straight in like a double-feed (think .223 AR mags)

Top Bottom