• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Awhile back I found a 5000 round case of .22LR ammo in the garage, then later found another 2000 rounds.

Today, I was joyous: I found some 9mm.
    I was getting low on 9mm ammo since all I did all summer recovering from hip surgery was to go to the range.
    I had gone through 1/2 case of 9mm trying to vette my Rami to insure its reliability, plus a little Shadow 2, plus a little Sig 365.
    I was starting to think, "Oh no, time to order again!"
    Here is what I found in the garage:

p5xrg5f.jpg
    QNkNlmK.jpg

Yes, I am happy again, secure that I'll make it awhile, stretching it out by getting back to my .22LR guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Advantageous enough: I also found 500 rounds of .22 magnum to sell, which will help pay for a few more rounds of 9mm. :laugh:
    I thought I'd sold all my 22 magnum a couple of weeks ago, but straightened up the ammo supply only to discover I didn't know all the had.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    When we first looked at the house we bought last summer, the previous owner had left a bunch of stuff on a shelf in the barn. I looked in a small clear container and there was about 300 rounds of .22 ammo and a mini 14 ten round mag. I looked at my wife and said "we are home."

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I love finding ammo. Found a single 9mm cartridge in my sock drawer, it was awesome.

A few years ago I squeezed in a quick range trip on my lunch break. When I got back to work, I found a spent 45 brass in my shirt pocket. I spent the rest of the day pulling it out and smelling the wonderful smell of gunpowder during meetings.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I built a large storage container to house my ammo. I also keep a sheet of paper with my component stockpile, changing the totals whenever I take something out to reload so I know how many bullets, primers, etc. I have as well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ever been in my garage ? I spotted a cardboard box in my car trunk last Saturday, that I have used for range ammo, so I better dig it out soon and see what's in it.:ingo::ar15::draw:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did find a Rifle in the safe (2nd safe) that I was positive I had emptied out a few months earlier. When I sold the safe I gave the combo to my buddy that was picking it up. He opened the door and mentioned the bonus rifle he had found in it.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Wife's pants and jacket pockets all the time. There's usually a couple rounds loose in her purse when does a purse dump. Kind of like change going into a bottle, loose ammo goes into a tool box drawer.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Years ago in j'ville, nc. A friend of mine bought a house and wanted a roomate. The previous owner (a friend of hers) left a bunch of stuff in the spare bedroom. He was deployed, so he said to just throw it all out. About 5 mins. into clearing the room, I find a box with a mix of a hundred and some rounds of 7mm rem mag, and 300 win mag. I didn't own either so I went and found myself a Remington 700 in 7mm which was my first centerfire firearm. One thing lead to another and 4 years later.. here we are. Some things are just meant to be.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Awhile back I found a 5000 round case of .22LR ammo in the garage, then later found another 2000 rounds.

Today, I was joyous: I found some 9mm.
    I was getting low on 9mm ammo since all I did all summer recovering from hip surgery was to go to the range.
    I had gone through 1/2 case of 9mm trying to vette my Rami to insure its reliability, plus a little Shadow 2, plus a little Sig 365.
    I was starting to think, "Oh no, time to order again!"
    Here is what I found in the garage:

p5xrg5f.jpg
    QNkNlmK.jpg

Yes, I am happy again, secure that I'll make it awhile, stretching it out by getting back to my .22LR guns.

To say you "found" it would suggest that you have no idea where it came from. LOL.. Ergo," I found a $10 bill in a parking lot" I think rediscovered would probably be a better description. I'm not saying I've never "found" anything that I misplaced but you gave me a chuckle with your post because you seemed so surprised by your discovery. Thanks:D

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    After I moved a few years ago I had a cardboard box with Dillon blue 100rd ammo boxes under the stairs. I never touched it, as I thought it was just old empty boxes. One day a few years ago, I almost hurt myself because I thought I was picking up a box of plastic.

When I finally started to look, it was 20 full boxes, 2k rounds of .45acp loaded with Montana Gold bullets that I made probably 20 years ago. They were not even tarnished!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    as hard as ammo was to come by, I have never, ever misplaced any.
    but that's just me....

1. My life has so many channels going at the same time that I can't keep the details.
    2. I order it, UPS delivers it, I set it up on a shelf in the garage.
    3. I use ammo from the closet when I go to the range and then forget about what's in the garage. :ugh:

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    as hard as ammo was to come by, I have never, ever misplaced any.

but that's just me....

I made those 2k rounds for a S&W 625 I was shooting a long time ago. I forgot about them because they were too weak to cycle some semi-auto .45acp pistols. Many years ago, the power factor was the same for all revolvers in IDPA, so the 230gr was a super soft shooter in the N-frame. Just needed enough powder to make the bullet to leave the barrel!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Years ago in j'ville, nc. A friend of mine bought a house and wanted a roomate. The previous owner (a friend of hers) left a bunch of stuff in the spare bedroom. He was deployed, so he said to just throw it all out. About 5 mins. into clearing the room, I find a box with a mix of a hundred and some rounds of 7mm rem mag, and 300 win mag. I didn't own either so I went and found myself a Remington 700 in 7mm which was my first centerfire firearm. One thing lead to another and 4 years later.. here we are. Some things are just meant to be.

My son just graduated from SOI east,. While on liberty just before graduation he asked if I wanted to go to Toby's. LOL..
    He was a little dumbfounded that I knew where it was..

Top Bottom