• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have a friend who is looking to carry on his company's (no guns allowed) property. He thinks he wants a 380 but is there a 9mm deep conceal option for this? TYIA!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    We need more information about your friend to track... I mean, help "him".

Height
    Weight
    Body Size
    Attire & Work Environment (business casual vs long sleeve work uniforms, loafers vs work boots, in and out of a vehicle vs desk vs crawling all over a machine)

This can help us understand if AIWB vs "Thunderware" could be options, the options for firearm size, pocket / ankle carry...

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock 43, disappears in many different carry methods. A Sig P365 would do the same I'm sure. As always, a good holster and belt can make all the difference. Personal preference is IWB hybrid holster, and a good covering shirt. No one will notice.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My only advice is that if he spends the majority of his time sitting in a vehicle pocket carry is a nightmare. I LOVE pocket carry and it is 90+% of what I do but when sitting in a car the body position folds such that my front pants pocket is inaccessible without significant shifting around.
    That said I use a trigger guard snap on holster that allows me to move the gun to other pockets, compartments in the car, or wherever without worry of taking the gun out and the holster didn't come with it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If his daily attire includes an untucked shirt, then there is zero reason to carry any caliber smaller than a 9mm. There are plenty of good single stack 9mm pistols that conceal well either IWB or even OWB. Glock 43, M&P Shield, Sig 365, Kahr, Beretta Nano, Bersa BP9CC to name a few. And don't forget about j-frame and airweight revolvers. Nothing wrong with .38 special.

If he does wear a shirt tucked in, most of these wouldn't print with a tuckable holster. They might not work for pocket carry though. In that case a small gun like the Ruger LCP or a those little Seacamps are better suited, but it's compromising on caliber.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    If he's a driver and is worried about getting jacked while he is driving he should get a small frame 45 / 9 / 40 and keep it in a lunch box on the seat next to him. No one is going to look in there. https://www.ebay.com/i/183118417818?chn=ps
    And this is also good for the desk worker who keeps their lunch next to them all day.

If he thinks he needs a firearm while he's outside of the truck then a small single stack shield in an IWB with loose fitting pants will never be seen unless he not smart about it. Large pant legs and an ankle holster work too. I know Exe's who wear $1500 suits and have 9mm shields strapped to their ankles.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I would need more information about your friend's concerns. If this is simply wanting a gun for fending off a hijacking scenario then I recommend off body carry. I also recommend a good game face that suggests that wherever you go you're supposed to be there and you might just own the place. Nothing to see here. Always lock your truck, and never leave it running.

The company I drive for has given us some really basic training which boils down to, "no guns in the trucks, and give the hijackers what they want". I can see this as them just trying to cover their butts, but I disagree with them. There is a significant amount of chatter about terrorists wanting to take trucks to use them as weapons. I realize with the number of trucks on the road vs the number of people that would actually want to do such a thing makes the possibility of it happening to me quite low. All the same, you're not getting my truck without a fight. I'm not the type that could live with the fact I handed over a 20 ton weapon to a bad guy that mowed down a sidewalk full of innocent people or worse.

On body carry isn't as good for seated positions. Winter coming along soon opens up shoulder holster carry aided by a nice fat winter coat. If his other job requirements call for being active and climbing on things there's always the risk of exposing the firearm or it even getting out of a cheap carry rig and that's bad. Drivers carry all sorts of stuff like backpacks, briefcases, coolers, etc, and no one thinks twice about it. your daily accessories make excellent camouflage.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    yBSSr84.jpg

I have no experience with the one on the right yet, but have carried one like what's on the left for over 4 years, either IWB at 3 o'clock or in the pocket. I have carried many places that said no firearms, with no problems. I really like the pistol. I have 2. It is a Kahr CM9 by the way. That's funny. It even has the same Talon grip tape I use.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hard to argue with the G43 proponents. Just reached down and pulled this out of my sweat pants pocket. It goes even better in a cargo pocket.

This same (very shootable) gun has won many a steel match. No "belly gun" or spray and pray BS...

jpHPN4E.jpg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    My first concealed carry holster was this nylon deep concealment crotch holster from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZD2UTJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked okay for a Glock-43 sized gun (I was carrying Sig P365 9mm), though draw wasn't perfect. It definitely concealed well and reasonably comfortably even with the extra 12 rd magazine in the second compartment of the holster. I even worked out several times wearing it, no issues. For practicality issues and ease of draw, I stopped carrying deep concealment and I just live with printing slightly now with a higher quality holster.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Tell your friend to give serious consideration to a bellyband style holster. After my retirement I took a part time job in one of the big box hardware stores with a no-gun policy and carried every hour that I worked. No one was the wiser.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I would need more information about your friend's concerns. If this is simply wanting a gun for fending off a hijacking scenario then I recommend off body carry. I also recommend a good game face that suggests that wherever you go you're supposed to be there and you might just own the place. Nothing to see here. Always lock your truck, and never leave it running.

The company I drive for has given us some really basic training which boils down to, "no guns in the trucks, and give the hijackers what they want". I can see this as them just trying to cover their butts, but I disagree with them. There is a significant amount of chatter about terrorists wanting to take trucks to use them as weapons. I realize with the number of trucks on the road vs the number of people that would actually want to do such a thing makes the possibility of it happening to me quite low. All the same, you're not getting my truck without a fight. I'm not the type that could live with the fact I handed over a 20 ton weapon to a bad guy that mowed down a sidewalk full of innocent people or worse.

On body carry isn't as good for seated positions. Winter coming along soon opens up shoulder holster carry aided by a nice fat winter coat. If his other job requirements call for being active and climbing on things there's always the risk of exposing the firearm or it even getting out of a cheap carry rig and that's bad. Drivers carry all sorts of stuff like backpacks, briefcases, coolers, etc, and no one thinks twice about it. your daily accessories make excellent camouflage.

this is the best answer I see. it all boils down to the reason he / she wants to carry at work.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock 43, disappears in many different carry methods. A Sig P365 would do the same I'm sure. As always, a good holster and belt can make all the difference. Personal preference is IWB hybrid holster, and a good covering shirt. No one will notice.

I'm +1 with the Glock 43...or the Shield...or the P-365...which ever is preferred...any should provide sufficient personal defense at close ranges...

I know a guy who works in a similar situation as described by the OP...and he CC's a Shield 9mm every day...he's around customers with it too...and no one notices.

I've got an older (from 1990) Taurus 85 in .38 special...and I would consider it adequate in the situation as described by the OP as well. I've said, for many years now, that all one really needs is a good .38!

It's all about what one is comfortable with and prefers!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This guy said it out loud first. I’m a self professed fat kid, and I can “conceal” a G19 EVERYDAYwearing shorts and a t-shirt. I quoted conceal, because I can see it, but I’ve never been outed by anyone. A 43, if I still chose to carry it, would simply be undetectable in the same clothing. The only time I really carry my 43now, is hotel swimming pools, because it disappears so easily. Hop into the hot tub, and it goes into the fold of the towel, otherwise it’s on a Dale Fricke Zach, and rides below the trunk line. Obviously, I take it out and place it in a towel while swimming, but, I’ve been in the pool whilst still wearing it as well.(it needed cleaned, and bleach does wonders.)

Top Bottom