Southern Indiana
    Last edited:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Glock puts front serrations on and paints a 19x black and every glock guy ever would have you believe they are changing the world again :laugh:

Right? They are starting to become like the iPhone and come out with a new model every 6 months. I think I’ll stick to CZ for the time being since I don’t particularly care for my gen 4.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The G44 is not USA legal due the use of subatomic particles that only can be found in Austria under Glock Inc headquarters.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    quotes.jpg

eyeroll.gif

Who's the genius at Glock who decided that the "Model 45" should be a 9mm?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Smyrna, GA-- GLOCK, inc announces the introduction of game-changing technology: Serrations (suh-RAY-shuns). Protected by US and international patents, these serrations introduce revolutionary capabilities to the GLOCK platform, like the ability to rack the slide with just an arthritic pinky. Or grate cheese for a quick sandwich. Or touch up the toenails when the date isn't looking.

Look for the revolutionary Gen 3,327 GLOCK pistol with "serrations" at your local dealer.

MSRP $799.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Glock puts front serrations on and paints a 19x black and every glock guy ever would have you believe they are changing the world again :laugh:
    Here are some differences:

45 = accepts gen5 17rd mags
    19x = accepts gen4 and older 17rd mags due to a lip extension on the front of the grip which interferes with the gen5 mag plates
    45 = does not have the u-notch that the 17 & 19 gen5 does and plenty of people did not like
    19x = does not have a flared magwell
    45 = flared magwell
    45 = front slide serrations
    19x = only comes in FDE
    45 = black

The 19x is geared towards the military, the 45 is geared towards law enforcement.

I am not a Glock fanboy. I only currently own one and it's my wife's G42. However, I do like the 19x more than other models. I like a full size grip with a compact slide, which is why I own (2) FN 509's. I do like front slide serrations, because I use them and like to grab the slide there at times.

That being said, I am interested in a model 45.
    I'm not saying it's the best thing out there or some new fangled revolutionary thing.
    But it has everything that I would want in a Glock, from the factory. Which means I don't have to modify the gun or pay someone to modify it. Having front slide serrations cut is not cheap and then you have to re-coat the slide also.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Here are some differences:

45 = accepts gen5 17rd mags
    19x = accepts gen4 and older 17rd mags due to a lip extension on the front of the grip which interferes with the gen5 mag plates
    45 = does not have the u-notch that the 17 & 19 gen5 does and plenty of people did not like
    19x = does not have a flared magwell
    45 = flared magwell
    45 = front slide serrations
    19x = only comes in FDE
    45 = black

The 19x is geared towards the military, the 45 is geared towards law enforcement.

I am not a Glock fanboy. I only currently own one and it's my wife's G42. However, I do like the 19x more than other models. I like a full size grip with a compact slide, which is why I own (2) FN 509's. I do like front slide serrations, because I use them and like to grab the slide there at times.

That being said, I am interested in a model 45.
    I'm not saying it's the best thing out there or some new fangled revolutionary thing.
    But it has everything that I would want in a Glock, from the factory. Which means I don't have to modify the gun or pay someone to modify it. Having front slide serrations cut is not cheap and then you have to re-coat the slide also.

Sounds allot like a Gen II with rail and flared mag well :laugh:, making fun of Glocks is honestly almost too easy sometimes

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1911's are old antiquated designs that fail every time in training classes.

Am I doing this right?

Insert purple wherever suitable.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Butthurtcream.jpg
    There's no butt hurt my friend.
    I like Glocks. I like 1911's. I like CZ's. I like FN. I can keep going.
    I get really tired of the bashing of a brand in a thread talking about a new product from that brand.
    And I will admit, that I'm probably being a hypocrite with that statement, because I know I've done my share of bashing in the past.

My point is that it would be nice, for a change, to read through a thread (about a specific gun) where the conversation was productive.
    If you don't like the brand and have nothing good to say, but go in anyways with the full intention of making negative statements just to stir the pot, what good is that doing anyone?
    I'd like to talk about the new gun to market, not bash the brand. If I wanted to bash Glock, I'd go find one of 5 billion threads that were already taken over by the Glock haters.
    Can this just not be one of those threads? Is that so much to ask?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The Glock haters are dedicated...to...something...

I like that Glock is trying to listen to their market and make the improvements people want to see. Every iteration has been an improvement from the last, in my opinion.

Top Bottom