• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I just do not get why Glock, to this point, has failed to recognize that what a lot of their customers want is a longer slide on a shorter frame so that it is more easily concealed with a better sight radius. With the release of the new G45, my hopes for them to make this realization were dashed once again.

Luckily, Glocks are like legos. I love to build and modify them. I have already built a G19L (G17 Slide on G17 frame chopped to G19 length) and multiple P80 builds and I love them all. I decided to take the next step in this arena and create a G26L. For this one, I chose not do a grip chop of a G19 frame. Instead, I used a G26 frame with a G19 slide and a Lone Wolf Slide Adapter. So far, it has worked flawlessly.

So...here is is. G26L in Multi-FDE :)

* Standard Glock G26 Gen 3 frame
    * Rock Slide USA G19 Slide in FDE with slide cuts and RMR cut
    * Lone Wold Dist. Gen 3 to Gen 3 slide adapter (since these pics, I painted it to match the slide)
    * Ameriglo fiber optic front sight with black rear sight
    * ETS Clear G26 magazine with G19X +2 base plate

zmTfu9N.jpg

FB7K2CX.jpg

hVVLr0C.jpg

QjpuLm4.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What is the point of having a shorter grip if you are just going to lengthen it again by adding a magazine extension?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm not a Glock guy, but I'm with indygunguy, this looks *really* good. Shortened in the right places for better CC, and the aesthetics of how it's proportioned make for a nice fit. I personally don't get the 19X that has a longer grip and shorter slide, to me that's backwards of what you have correctly done here to make it easier to carry. I like what you've done with this, nice work!

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    For me, it was a matter of having more grip. I really like the barrel length of the 19 but the grip gets lost in my hand. I bought the 45 last week and after a few rounds at the range, it's definitely the right gun for me.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think it's easier to conceal grip than barrel. A good holster almost leans the group into my side, but a long barrel pokes out in the pocket area adding a bulge that is tough to conceal.

I did notice that Brownells is selling a 19L slide for those that want the opposite of the 19x / 45 and this takes that concept deeper. I appreciate the work you did and made it work for your style of carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm a fan of the 19X/45 setup. Commander sized guns are great for comfortable carry in places where concealment is not that important. Places like Indiana. If I lived in a place that concealment matters I might think differently

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I didn't know that someone made a slide adapter like that ! Your project is both fascinating and cool, OP. :yesway:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I chopped my P320 compact to use sc mags. Worked and carried wonderfully. Low risk on a P320, too.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    #1 commander style guns have been around a long time and at no time have I seen more threads made complaining about them until the 19x
    #2 people will say "this isn't the gun people want". Well, the 19x wasn't made for civilians and it wasn't made with conceal carry in mind.
    #3 the G45 is what LEO asked for. A 19x in black with FS. The reason for the commander length slide on a full frame because when in an OWB holster the slide doesn't dig into the seat and retains full size mag capacity. Think of what the gun is made for and it's target market

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    The total opposite of what I want which is a full grip. It just works better for control, retention, and accuracy. I had to find extensions so my 23 and 30st would fit my hand right. Not a fan of short height pistols.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The velocity difference, depending on bullet weight, is roughly 100 FPS between a Glock 43 and a Glock 17. That generally equates to about 50 ft-lb of muzzle energy. Can someone tell me how much difference that could possibly make in real world situations? IF you hit where you are aiming I can't imagine that it will make any significant difference in the performance in modern self defense ammo. Build what you shoot well and feels good in your hand but I still doubt any other benefits if your accuracy and skills are up to par. Just my :twocents: :)

Personally I think the Glock 19X that I built with factory ported barrel and slide is the perfect Glock so that tells you how far off the rails I am. LOL

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Great build sir looks awesome.......everyone on here is saying the same thing though make a g26 slide on a 19 frame I've been doing a ton of research about how to do this and not having much luck I do not want a grip sleeve I want a full frame I was thinking of doing a polymer 80 build of a 19 and trying to cut it down to accept a 26 slide but kinda hesitant and If I built something like that I would defenently want to EDC it which sounds like it's frowned upon

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Shorten the slide for comfort, shorten the grip to conceal.

Not knocking the OP’s creation at all. It’s definitely cool but I don’t worry much about concealment now days.

Top Bottom