Am I the only one excited about the new 10 MM..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Or did I miss a thread on the new Springfield Armory 10 MM's?

They are coming out with two models. A 4.5 and a 5.25 inch bbl. The capacity is 15 + 1.

Any 10 MM fans on here interested?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Haven't heard about these. 1911s? Plastic? Link? Scratch that, I should open my emails more often.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Excited? No.

But I think its good for the market to bring an affordable polymer option to the market. Interesting to not bring a 6" model to the market.

They put nice sights on it and I sure hope that someone I know buys one so I can at least shoot it!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I saw the email this morning and then the day got away from me, so I never shared it.
    Any new 10mm is a good thing for the market.

1. You do love your 10mm, and I appreciate you letting me shoot it last time at the range: bragging rights for me!
    2. Quite a handful since I'm unaccustomed to such a "man's gun," but quite enjoyable.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Video does seem to highlight some nice features. Looks like that first round at 2:43 surprised him! Just like the reviewer, I don't get the slide cut out and lack of a 6" barrel. Would make a great hog hunter! Hmm...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Cool? Yeah

But am I the only person that would rather look for an EAA Witness or (gulp, ehh) a used Glock 21?

You are probably not the only one, but I've not even looked into getting a 10mm because I don't care for hammer fired guns and already have a Glock 21 that I can run .45 Super through if I want to equal 10mm power.

For a dedicated 10mm striker gun, though, I'd take this over a Glock 20. I don't particularly care for grip safeties, but at least in my hand, the XDm ergonomics are far superior to the fat G20/G21. I will wait for more real-world reviews vs. the G20, but I'm betting that the XDm handles the recoil a lot more comfortably due to the ergonomics.

Top Bottom