Indianapolis
    Anyone know anything about this?

THIS HIGH TECH MILITARY TARGETING SYSTEM
    AIMS YOUR GUN FOR YOU!
    Works with any kind of firearm
    Handguns, rifles, shotguns… even BB guns, paintball guns,
    and airsoft pistols and rifles

Works in broad daylight and low light conditions
    Aquire targets lightning fast… even from the hip!
    If you can see it, you can hit it…with darn near PERFECT accuracy!
    Easy to attach to any firearm!

Switch between 4 reticles, and between red and green.

rds-feature.png

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Looks a lot like a Barska that I put on my Victory 22. Didn't want to spend a bunch for trying one out. Vastly improved my ability to hit steel. If you want to try it out, we could meet up at Point Blank.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks a lot like a Barska that I put on my Victory 22. Didn't want to spend a bunch for trying one out. Vastly improved my ability to hit steel. If you want to try it out, we could meet up at Point Blank.

1. Good feedback! Especially since you have it on a .22LR.
    2. If it was adequate for my needs, I would even buy 3 so as to put one on my Shadow 2 and on a couple of .22LR for fun.
    3. Which Point Blank: Greenwood or Carmel do you live nearby?
    4. Even I'm on vacation, I can't get away now b/c of home duties making up for the summer, I appreciate the generous offer of your time, though!
    5. If you say it helped your accuracy and was what it claimed to be, for the $40 that they are on sale for would be a no-brainer, but perhaps I would want to try it out before ordering 3.
    6. I'll keep you informed if my schedule gets cleared up, maybe next week before I go out of town Thursday. Feel free to let me know when is a good time for you.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    This is a Standard Chinese made optic. You can buy them with any logo on it you want. The build quality can be descent to poor depending on what you ask them for. I'll link to the DHGate website where these can be bought for cheap as well as many clone and copy items. Just be advised shipping takes 4 weeks or more.

https://www.dhgate.com/

These are a conglomerate of Chinese factories selling off inventory. Just remember some of these are cheap and some are inexpensive...you have to decide for yourself which is which.

This optic linked here https://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-...tical/389623670.html#s1-4-1b;searl|0822751522

also note the great prices on auto-knives and other fun-gear!!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is a Standard Chinese made optic. You can buy them with any logo on it you want. The build quality can be descent to poor depending on what you ask them for. I'll link to the DHGate website where these can be bought for cheap as well as many clone and copy items. Just be advised shipping takes 4 weeks or more.

https://www.dhgate.com/

These are a conglomerate of Chinese factories selling off inventory. Just remember some of these are cheap and some are inexpensive...you have to decide for yourself which is which.
    This optic linked here https://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-...tical/389623670.html#s1-4-1b;searl|0822751522
    also note the great prices on auto-knives and other fun-gear!!!

1. $20 is half the price I paid that I saw in one of your links: lesson learned.
    2. I should have waited for more feedback, I just "assumed" that them being sold at 60% off put them competitive ($40), but then I find where they are $20 :ugh:: but I got free shipping and 2 free targets.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    a $35 item direct from a Chinese factory would cost about $100 at a local retail store. Paying $40 is fine. Some of the Knives here are 70% off what we pay at cabelas, Dicks, Walmart, Bass Pros... Its the same item.

Just remember some of these items ARE ILLEGAL clones of real stuff. I check DHgate when I see really low prices on stuff. If its on DHgate, and is being sold on ebay or craigslist or even places like INGO for real cheap... I wouldnt buy it unless I trusted the source.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A friend pmmed me letting me know the Shadow 2 doesn't have the proper rail on it. :dunno:
    That's what I get for being in a hurry and tarrying at the cmp when I should be doing chores: I'm not motivated.

I just called and was able to cancel the order, so I'm pleased I was dealing with a reputable company, at least.
    Many thanks to my friend who kept educating/texting me about its limited application.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    just like the others have said, these are bulk made in china, hell I'm sure if you paid them they'd mark them DODDG on the side and you could sell them your self

they even make them with logo's for reticules, I have (had) 2 "aim sports modern warfare edition" models, one reticule is >.<, one is a triangle, one is a skull and one is a smiley face, I bought them cause they're cheap and I was just getting into pin shooting, the happy coincidence is that the skull is the perfect size for the bottom of a bowling pin, and worked great for me (even tho I bought it for the >.< reticule) and I used it until we started cutting off and shooting the top 1/3 of the pin, and then the skull was too big.

now the bad, the reason I "had" 2 is, the one I put on my tac sol pac lite upper, lasted less than 500 rounds (of .22) when the reticule jumped to the upper right corner and stuck there (in the middle of a steel challenge match!), the other was on my .22 rifle and when I took it off, was still holding zero and working fine (I replaced that scope with a vortex venom), I'm thinking about putting it (the aim sports sight) on my factory ruger 5.5 in heavy barrel upper.

I do know a guy who bought 2 of the 40.00 cmore railslide Chinese made copys (off ebay), he said the dot was fuzzy so he bought a real cmore dot modules, and he said it fit, and is clear bright and not fuzzy, he said unless I told you which one is the real cmore you wont be able to tell the difference! BUT in my opinion that's theft! and they (the Chinese) shouldn't be allowed to do that, it's patent infringement!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    just like the others have said, these are bulk made in china, hell I'm sure if you paid them they'd mark them DODDG on the side and you could sell them your self

they even make them with logo's for reticules, I have (had) 2 "aim sports modern warfare edition" models, one reticule is >.<, one is a triangle, one is a skull and one is a smiley face, I bought them cause they're cheap and I was just getting into pin shooting, the happy coincidence is that the skull is the perfect size for the bottom of a bowling pin, and worked great for me (even tho I bought it for the >.< reticule) and I used it until we started cutting off and shooting the top 1/3 of the pin, and then the skull was too big.

now the bad, the reason I "had" 2 is, the one I put on my tac sol pac lite upper, lasted less than 500 rounds (of .22) when the reticule jumped to the upper right corner and stuck there (in the middle of a steel challenge match!), the other was on my .22 rifle and when I took it off, was still holding zero and working fine (I replaced that scope with a vortex venom), I'm thinking about putting it (the aim sports sight) on my factory ruger 5.5 in heavy barrel upper.

I do know a guy who bought 2 of the 40.00 cmore railslide Chinese made copys (off ebay), he said the dot was fuzzy so he bought a real cmore dot modules, and he said it fit, and is clear bright and not fuzzy, he said unless I told you which one is the real cmore you wont be able to tell the difference! BUT in my opinion that's theft! and they (the Chinese) shouldn't be allowed to do that, it's patent infringement!

1. Understood! I got my money refunded.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A friend pmmed me letting me know the Shadow 2 doesn't have the proper rail on it. :dunno:
    That's what I get for being in a hurry and tarrying at the cmp when I should be doing chores: I'm not motivated.

I just called and was able to cancel the order, so I'm pleased I was dealing with a reputable company, at least.
    Many thanks to my friend who kept educating/texting me about its limited application.

I was wondering how you were going to mount that on the gun you mentioned.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm the guy that introduced myself in the parking lot at the meet and eat at Dales. So Greenwood Point Blank is my range of choice. If you are skipping town next Thursday, Wednesday afternoon or evening would be the only time that would be open in my schedule.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm the guy that introduced myself in the parking lot at the meet and eat at Dales. So Greenwood Point Blank is my range of choice. If you are skipping town next Thursday, Wednesday afternoon or evening would be the only time that would be open in my schedule.

1. I do remember you!
    2. I'll keep that in mind, but I have my doubts.
    3. I've got my porch post and finishing the shed left to do. :dunno:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Over the course of the summer, you have steadily progressed from, dare I say, less expensive guns to, more expensive guns. It has been a learning experience for you, I'm sure. You thought you loved the one you had, until you had a better one. The same can be said of optics.

The only chinese product I would recommend, I got in a fortune cookie. It said, "Buy once, cry once, and don't try to put a $40 red dot on a $1,000 pistol". :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Over the course of the summer, you have steadily progressed from, dare I say, less expensive guns to, more expensive guns. It has been a learning experience for you, I'm sure. You thought you loved the one you had, until you had a better one. The same can be said of optics.

The only chinese product I would recommend, I got in a fortune cookie. It said, "Buy once, cry once, and don't try to put a $40 red dot on a $1,000 pistol". :)

Not seeing a $40 dot optic surviving on a pistol slide riding the thunder. Heck my Trigicon needs adjustment after a 400 round outing.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson

The only Chinese product I would recommend, I got in a fortune cookie. It said, "Buy once, cry once, and don't try to put a $40 red dot on a $1,000 pistol". :)

some people place a lot of trust in Vortex optics as do I, but slide-riding on a competition pistol...I dont know. I am sure there are guys doing it. The best thing going for "made in china Vortex" is their lifetime unlimited "no questions asked" guarantee.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Yes, a learning experience and a fun one.
    2. Now that retirement looms, and my income being cut a $1000/mo. I'm going to have to behave myself and probably have to downsize my more expensive toys.
    3. I thought I had a few more years of being "rich," but I'm hard-pressed to put in even 1 more year, as opposed to going 5 more years to 70 yrs. old like I always planned: when you are at work and asking yourself, "What am I doing here?" it is time to think of a quicker exit.

Not seeing a $40 dot optic surviving on a pistol slide riding the thunder. Heck my Trigicon needs adjustment after a 400 round outing.

4. Your point (as well as KJQ's point is not lost on me): I need not repeat my gun approach to slides.
    5. It would not be a fun journey as was the guns. I believe both of you, and appreciate you taking the time to keep me from a rabbit hole.
    6. As usual, I thought I'd be able to have some fun on the cheap, but as my daughter says when I spend real money to get another house, car or go on a real vacation (like she has advised for years before death do as part): "See, I told you! When will you listen to me?"
    7. Actually, our expensive Maine vacation was not worth it, but we were just celebrating going anywhere with my wife's health recovered, so I was not being overly-analytical as per my usual modus operandi.

some people place a lot of trust in Vortex optics as do I, but slide-riding on a competition pistol...I dont know. I am sure there are guys doing it. The best thing going for "made in china Vortex" is their lifetime unlimited "no questions asked" guarantee.

8. Warning heeded! (I got my money refunded)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Vortex miniature red dots are g2g for a carry optic. I've seen a lot of them used and never saw one fail. Sig and Vortex would be the cheapest options, the trijicon I am putting on my g32 is by far the nicest of those that I've owned, but price goes up accordingly.

I had a version of the original optic posted about. I had an NCStar branded version when I was broke, I ran it hard on a WASR for a year or two and never had the first problem. Got another one that lasted about 20 minutes on an ak74.

Top Bottom