• ...and so much more!
  • hans1911

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 10, 2018
    Covington
    I did a search, and all I am coming up with are threads about the Romanian M69 .22 rifle.

Anyone here have a S&W M69? I really like they way they handle, and a 5 shot L frame just feels nice.
    With standard 240gr loads, how is recoil? I understand some folks are putting the X Frame grips on these, which have an air pocket in the web area to help dissipate recoil.

I have a 6" M629, but something about that M69 keeps calling me.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have handled but not shot one. My daily carry gun for the last 20 years is a 696 .44 Spl L frame. With hot loads (handloads) it can be kind of brutal. Shooting actual .44 Mag. loads from an L frame is not my idea of fun but you will only need one good hit on a scumbag. If you decide to buy one keep a close eye on all of the screws. They will loosen if you shoot it a lot with real Magnum loads. Trust me on this. Keep a screwdriver in your range bag.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I keep meaning to pick one up as a gentler-shooting .44 magnum. My only current .44 is the airweight S&W 329PD, which recoils harder than my Serbu Super Shorty.

That said, I've never actually shot one. It's just on the wishlist.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have handled but not shot one. My daily carry gun for the last 20 years is a 696 .44 Spl L frame. With hot loads (handloads) it can be kind of brutal. Shooting actual .44 Mag. loads from an L frame is not my idea of fun but you will only need one good hit on a scumbag. If you decide to buy one keep a close eye on all of the screws. They will loosen if you shoot it a lot with real Magnum loads. Trust me on this. Keep a screwdriver in your range bag.

I had this happen on my 329PD. I noticed the cylinder release was really loose the other day. I got over a full turn back in it before it was tight again. Something to pay close attention to for sure!

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I bought the S&W M69 when they first came out and it was on a whim. Haven't regretted it yet. Couple of things I'd like to point out.

1. For a .44 Magnum, the recoil on this revolver is actually surprisingly civil.
    2. Having tried different grips for it, you will want something other than that standard rubber grip because it can dig in a little.
    3. I lean more towards Hogue grips, the Pachmayr I currently have on it is comfortable as heck, but doesn't do much for recoil mitigation IMO.

Top Bottom