• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I just picked up one of these and really like it! It's the 2.0 compact model, but with a 3.6" barrel instead of the 4" barrel. It's like having the old 9c with a full grip. I think it looks and balances better than the regular 4" model. Thought I'd post a review video, for those who don't know that this option exists.

[video=youtube;MmUPBMA7v_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUPBMA7v_U[/video]

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Been looking at it since it came out. My first words when they released the 4" 2.0 compact was "that's bigger than the old compact". I had a couple of the 9c models and liked them, although not a single friend or family member cared for them. I eventually sold them. This new 3.6" is next on my list along with a Shield 2.0. Should have both by the end of the year. Hope I can find a nice leather OWB holster that's actually built for it instead of the longer one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a few of the 2.0 4" model. I'd be interested in checking one of these out.

From the S&W forum, it seems there has been some issues with recoil spring assemblies on these 3.6" models and the end of the spring coming off the rod (effectively becoming an uncaptured spring on the assembly).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Can't wait to buy one of these, are you gonna carry it? Wondering you found it too been looking around indy and haven't found one yet.

It will see occasionally carry. I bought it mainly as a companion to my 5" M&P 9mm. My usual carry is a Sig P365 or a Shield 45.

Call Plainfield Shooting Supply, they probably still have some in stock. If not, Bob can get you one.

Top Bottom