• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just have to wonder what the quality of the firearms will be like coming from the new plant in the US compared to the Czeck facility... I'm sure that we will hear soon enough.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I just have to wonder what the quality of the firearms will be like coming from the new plant in the US compared to the Czeck facility... I'm sure that we will hear soon enough.

CZ USA does an adequate job with Dan Wesson. I imagine it will be comparable to glock Austria vs Smyrna

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Am I reading this right... is the P-10S finally coming to market via the new KC plant?? I'm suspecting this will be close to a G26 in size.

18z_CZP10S_USOR_R.png

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ll definitely be picking up a P10S. Maybe a P10F too, but not sure about that right now. I guess I could pick up a. P10F, cut the frame and put a P10C slide on it and call it a P10X :)

But definitely a P10S.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just be cautious. This will be a brand new product from a brand new production facility. It might be better to wait a bit and let them work the bugs out first.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County

I hope they do well! I’m always happy to see more things produced here, even if they’ve traditionally imported. As long as the quality is on par, I’d rather buy the versions made here knowing I’m helping to give people jobs.

As you said, we’ll just have to see what happens.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    If the time between the announcement and the available product on retail shelves is the same as the P10C, then an order today should yield a P10F in hand by Christmas...

...Christmas of 2020 that is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of my philosophies in life is: don't be a beta tester.

I’m not that smart, but I am lucky. I had one of the first P10Cs in the state and it’s been good to me despite making a trip home to the mothership after about 3,000 rounds. I bought one of the first Fiat Spider’s with a manual transmission and it’s been good to me too. I’ll probably pick one of these up as soon as they are available since I have backups if there are issues. Plus, I do have confidence that if anything needs fixed, CZ will take care of me reasonably well as long as I have the original receipt. :)

Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    I most likely will get the p10f and s to replace my glock 26 Am I the only one who hopes they roll out a single stack Similar to the shield or glock 43?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I most likely will get the p10f and s to replace my glock 26 Am I the only one who hopes they roll out a single stack Similar to the shield or glock 43?
    Nope, I've often thought CZ was missing a nice opportunity to compete with the Shield, XD-S, 43, XD-E, etc. The P-10S in single stack would tempt me hard to own a polymer carry pistol again. A single-stack RAMI would be ace.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Now that they have a US based factory, we might see some more interesting options out there, like single stack or stainless options. When everything is being made in a factory trying to keep up with world demand, we get slight variations on what will sell everywhere. I’m hoping that the US factory can cater to the US market, which to me, means a compact 97B in stainless. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nope, I've often thought CZ was missing a nice opportunity to compete with the Shield, XD-S, 43, XD-E, etc. The P-10S in single stack would tempt me hard to own a polymer carry pistol again. A single-stack RAMI would be ace.

Now you're talkin' ! :alright:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just be cautious. This will be a brand new product from a brand new production facility. It might be better to wait a bit and let them work the bugs out first.

Wisdom right there. The flip side is that a new facility will have new tooling that is certainly far more capable than the older stuff in terms of tolerances it can hold.

The trick to me is company culture. Can they staff they new facility with people who really care?

The experience with DW is encouraging. Let's see if lightning strikes twice.

Top Bottom