Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock vs. Sig

User Info Menu

Glock vs. Sig

Ahh the age old question.
    Here is your chance to enter the debate.
    Not sure I want to open this can of worms, but here goes!

User Info Menu

They both work most of the time.
    Mindset Lab was founded to create and teach better strategies for self defense.
    All of our classes contain elements of Force on Force to allow students
    the opportunity to perform skills and tactics in context and under stress.

User Info Menu

GLOCK - twice the gun at half the price!

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

opcorn2:
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

I choose Glock! Sigs have a decocker and real men hate to be decocked. That is all.
    The original low speed, high drag operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain
    "Tom is not only right all the time but he's also handsome"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shay VanVlymen View Post
    They both work most of the time.
    What more is there to argue?

User Info Menu

In true Manly (or for some, in ARFCOM) Fasion...

GET BOTH!!

I carry and trust a Glock to my life, but I would never turn down a Sig. Both are phenomenal weapons.

User Info Menu

In my own informal polling....

PD's across the nation will keep 10 spare Glock's for every 100 in service, and 15-20 Sigs for every 100 in service.

All firearms are made made and will eventually break - I've broken 3 of my own Glock's over the years, but they do seem to break less than other brands and designs.

That being said, the grip angle on Glock's doesn't fit many people well, and it also exagerates some shooting problems. Sig, on the other hand, I've found that about 4 out of 5 students who pick one up and compare it to other guns like it best as far as feel goes.

Many Sig's have de-cockers (as mentioned above) and I'm not a fan of those, but you can certainly learn to use them. Of course, you have the DAK and other variations now to choose from.

If I had to choose one for doomsday, I'd probably go for the Glock, as I can do field fixes on most of the standard Glock repair problems.

All that being said, Glock's do not fit my hands as nicely as other pistols do - the 1911 being my favorite. But, in the words of Musashi: "A true warrior as no favorite weapon", and if all I had was a Sig, or a Star, or a Nambu, or a pencil, I'll make it work! Not having my favorite would never be used as an excuse to loose the fight!

User Info Menu

:do2:I agree with the both answer. I have a SIG P-239 and a Glock 22 and like both. The grip angle on the Glock requires some getting used to and I prefer the sight picture on the Glock as opposed to the SIG. I like the way the SIG handles and feels in my hand, but I gotta love them both.
    "No law ever written has stopped any robber,rapist,or killer like cold blue steel in the hands of his last intended victim."
    W.Emerson Wright

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

In your opinion what doesn't fit about Glocks for some people. I see this a lot on here. Is it people with smaller hands? As I mentioned in another post Sigs feel better in my hand. But after shooting a Glock for a while it doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock21 View Post

That being said, the grip angle on Glock's doesn't fit many people well, and it also exagerates some shooting problems. Sig, on the other hand, I've found that about 4 out of 5 students who pick one up and compare it to other guns like it best as far as feel goes.

On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast