• ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    In my own informal polling....

PD's across the nation will keep 10 spare Glock's for every 100 in service, and 15-20 Sigs for every 100 in service.

All firearms are made made and will eventually break - I've broken 3 of my own Glock's over the years, but they do seem to break less than other brands and designs.

That being said, the grip angle on Glock's doesn't fit many people well, and it also exagerates some shooting problems. Sig, on the other hand, I've found that about 4 out of 5 students who pick one up and compare it to other guns like it best as far as feel goes.

Many Sig's have de-cockers (as mentioned above) and I'm not a fan of those, but you can certainly learn to use them. Of course, you have the DAK and other variations now to choose from.

If I had to choose one for doomsday, I'd probably go for the Glock, as I can do field fixes on most of the standard Glock repair problems.

All that being said, Glock's do not fit my hands as nicely as other pistols do - the 1911 being my favorite. But, in the words of Musashi: "A true warrior as no favorite weapon", and if all I had was a Sig, or a Star, or a Nambu, or a pencil, I'll make it work! Not having my favorite would never be used as an excuse to loose the fight!

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    :draw::do2:I agree with the both answer. I have a SIG P-239 and a Glock 22 and like both. The grip angle on the Glock requires some getting used to and I prefer the sight picture on the Glock as opposed to the SIG. I like the way the SIG handles and feels in my hand, but I gotta love them both.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    In your opinion what doesn't fit about Glocks for some people. I see this a lot on here. Is it people with smaller hands? As I mentioned in another post Sigs feel better in my hand. But after shooting a Glock for a while it doesn't bother me at all.

That being said, the grip angle on Glock's doesn't fit many people well, and it also exagerates some shooting problems. Sig, on the other hand, I've found that about 4 out of 5 students who pick one up and compare it to other guns like it best as far as feel goes.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Wow everyone is being so nice about this......COME ON.....
    The threat is 15 feet away from you and your family....no time to think...only act...draw...fire...scan...secure scene...reholster...comfort family!!
    Which weapon allows you to do that best!!
    I know that with proper training and practice this can be accomplished with both. But focus on the weapon side of the issue.
    I know I would want the Glock as a first choice!!
    1st reason
    KISS
    2nd reason
    Trigger pull -
    Glock - even 5.5 pounds every time, plus very short reset
    3rd Reason
    no decocker
    KISS - finger off trigger, put it away

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    COME'ON LADIES, this is supposed to be a heated discussion! GlockLover is right... lets hurt some feelings! STOP babying the issue! GLOCK vs SIG not GLOCK and SIG :bash:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Ok, in the interest of making it a heated discussion.....

Glocks hurt my wrist (that stupid grip was designed by Reptilians I tell you!)
    Sigs are expensive, and Sexy.

but I you really want combat tupperware, buy an H&K! ;)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008

Really? My wife never complains about it. I'll have to ask my little girl--maybe she's noticed it.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008

Hey this is a big boy conversation - if it hurts ur lil wrists pick up a SIG Mosquito and put down the hand-cannon

Top Bottom