• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rugers have been good to me, and I had the Ruger 1911 acp model, and always wanted to try a 9mm in a 1911.
    Bought this off a member here, like I prefer to do.
    Bought new in 2018.
    It has a safety that I prefer.
    Model: SR1911.
    Caliber: 9MM.
    Action: Single Action.
    Capacity: 8+1.
    Finish: Low-Glare Stainless Steel Slide.
    Stock: Deluxe Checkered G-10 Grip.
    Sights: Drift Adjustable Novak 3-Dot.
    Barrel: 3.6.

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Rugers have been good to me, and I had the Ruger 1911 acp model, and always wanted to try a 9mm in a 1911.
    Bought this off a member here, like I prefer to do.
    Bought new in 2018.
    It has a safety that I prefer.
    Model: SR1911.
    Caliber: 9MM.
    Action: Single Action.
    Capacity: 8+1.
    Finish: Low-Glare Stainless Steel Slide.
    Stock: Deluxe Checkered G-10 Grip.
    Sights: Drift Adjustable Novak 3-Dot.
    Barrel: 3.6.

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Images, Range test results, in depth review?

My wife has one she switched from a lcp very glad she did

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My wife has one she switched from a lcp very glad she did

I was thinking the same thing. That’s the norm

In depth review? Heck, I thought "Ruger SR1911 9mm" was an in depth review. :yesway:

doddg you’re slacking and we shall hold you accountable. No soup for you

1. You guys are truly hilarious! :rofl:
    2. Being a Friday night I had to go to the bank right after work, get the money drive down close to Point Blank in Greenwood to pick up the gun from a great guy from here and hurry up and pick the Friday night movie at Redbox (Moma Mia! Here We Go Again) for the wife and have supper which didn't leave much time for the range and writing up reports that you know how I love to do.
    3. I'm out of town tomorrow, going to the "Unthinkable" training in Columbus, IN that I learned about here, and with church and lunch Sunday, after which I have to meet a member from here at the range, this leave little time for the range and a report.
    4. I do hope to shoot my new range toy Sunday, but we are there for another mission and he might not care about shooting the "baby Ruger" 1911. :laugh:
    5. Hopefully, I would be able to go to the range Monday after work, but since I'm gone all morning afternoon and evening Saturday, and then the range Sunday afternoon, Monday evening might belong to the wife. :dunno:
    6. I can only hope for Tuesday after work, but Thursday is my normal range night since the wife has a woman's class.
    7. Patience, my friends and critics out there. :lmfao:
    8. You know how I ache to get my new acquisitions out there.
    9. Can't wait to compare it to the CZ Rami, Ruger P95 (which will probably have to be sold if I keep the Ruger 1911 9mm).
    10. Of course, I'll have to get out the CZ Shadow 2 to prove its top billing, which of course, it is in another class than the others anyway.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    1. You guys are truly hilarious! :rofl:
    2. Being a Friday night I had to go to the bank right after work, get the money drive down close to Point Blank in Greenwood to pick up the gun from a great guy from here and hurry up and pick the Friday night movie at Redbox (Moma Mia! Here We Go Again) for the wife and have supper which didn't leave much time for the range and writing up reports that you know how I love to do.
    3. I'm out of town tomorrow, going to the "Unthinkable" training in Columbus, IN that I learned about here, and with church and lunch Sunday, after which I have to meet a member from here at the range, this leave little time for the range and a report.
    4. I do hope to shoot my new range toy Sunday, but we are there for another mission and he might not care about shooting the "baby Ruger" 1911. :laugh:
    5. Hopefully, I would be able to go to the range Monday after work, but since I'm gone all morning afternoon and evening Saturday, and then the range Sunday afternoon, Monday evening might belong to the wife. :dunno:
    6. I can only hope for Tuesday after work, but Thursday is my normal range night since the wife has a woman's class.
    7. Patience, my friends and critics out there. :lmfao:
    8. You know how I ache to get my new acquisitions out there.
    9. Can't wait to compare it to the CZ Rami, Ruger P95 (which will probably have to be sold if I keep the Ruger 1911 9mm).
    10. Of course, I'll have to get out the CZ Shadow 2 to prove its top billing, which of course, it is in another class than the others anyway.

So let me summarize for you:

"It'll be a couple of days before I can review this thing, I am super busy right now!" :):

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got 2 SR1911s because I've found them to be a great value in their price range, quality parts and good tight fit save for a beaver tail grip safety that could be "less loose" lol, even on my Talo Night Watchman which I like just as much if not more than my old ss trp...although someone did add some ss wilson combat parts to my sr1911 commander...thanks again RR)

ETA: Ruger's CS is utterly fantastic. I didn't need it for my 1911s just an old issue years ago, they were great people.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Congrats Doddg. I’ve wanted a 9mm 1911 for awhile. Can’t wait to read the report. You’ve had a good couple weeks. The 41 and now this.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    DDOG - congrats, but seriously, you're letting us down without pictures at least.

This is the 1911 Ruger that they should've made a while ago.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats Doddg. I’ve wanted a 9mm 1911 for awhile. Can’t wait to read the report. You’ve had a good couple weeks. The 41 and now this.

1. Well, there was the Ruger P95 before that, and today at the "Unthinkable" training in Columbus, IN I bought another (3rd) S/W 22A-1 .
    2. The price was so right, and it was a 7 inch barrel, so it could replace the other 2, but this has yet a different handle, and I love them, so.........
    3. Too tired to put in with pics tonight.

DDOG - congrats, but seriously, you're letting us down without pictures at least.

3. What? I left 8 pics of the Ruger SR1911 9mm Lightweight Officer.

This is the 1911 Ruger that they should've made a while ago.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    I'm glad you bought that officer I was thinking on it myself, so you saved me some cash at this point, I already have the Government 45, light weight commander 45 and the light weight commander 9mm and all are good shooters but I carry the lightweight 9 doing the winter months.
    Happy shooting and let us know how it shoots.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got with a member and shoot the Ruger 9mm 1911 Lightweight Officer at Indy Arms.
    My 1st shot was dead on: period. I couldn't believe it. And, I have a witness!
    Of course, I proceeded to put some here and there, but it shot better than the Ruger P95 in a short test.
    Normally, I have pics, but since I was with someone else, I didn't want to take all the time for labeling and taking pics, so as not ever be invited to shoot with him again. :laugh:
    I will go this week and do a real test against my Ruger P95 b/c it will have to be trimmed if the Officer is better, but the Officer is only half the capacity (8 round vs 15 round).
    I do love having the Ruger P90 for a "house gun."
    I wish the Officer had a bigger capacity, after having 12 rounds in my small Sig 365, and 14 rounds in the Rami, and with the 15 in the Ruger P95, it's now hard to only have an 8 round capacity.
    Of course, since it has a safety I wouldn't be afraid to have 1 in the chamber, something I like about the Ruger P95 is that it has a safety/decocker both.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom