• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Had a chance to pick up a new Legion 229 DA/SA in 9mm for a good price. Always wanted to see what the hype was about. My question is-it's supposed to come with 3 15 rd mags. When I got it home and started cleaning the buckets of oil off it and the mags, I found 1 15 rd mag and 2 packaged 12 rd mags marked .40/357. Do I contact Sig, are they easy to work with or just suck it up and find new mags?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sig is usually easy to deal with, but i wonder if the dealer was messing around with the mags. I would start with them. If it is clearly on Sig, i think they will take care of you.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Contacting the dealer first. Update-Dealer said they would contact Sig Rep and have some sent over. Great customer service! Kudos to Bass and Bucks!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Update-Sigs Rep or Sig themselves have not come thru yet. 2 months should be plenty of time for 2 mags to be shipped. :xmad:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    New update-Just got off phone with Sig and lo and behold, they say they have no mags to fit a 229 Legion 9mm. They're on backorder. Some way to run a company.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    New update-Just got off phone with Sig and lo and behold, they say they have no mags to fit a 229 Legion 9mm. They're on backorder. Some way to run a company.

You probably be better off selling them and just buying replacements, something similar happened to me when a local dealer sold me a 226 with 10 rdn mags when I order one with regular capacity mags. So I sold the mags and got some Mec guard and they were less expensive with awesome quality.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    You probably be better off selling them and just buying replacements, something similar happened to me when a local dealer sold me a 226 with 10 rdn mags when I order one with regular capacity mags. So I sold the mags and got some Mec guard and they were less expensive with awesome quality.

I'm almost positive mecgar makes all of sig's pistol mags, I know the make the mags for ruger, beretta, tanfogilio, and cz handguns, and a lot more companies too, another company to look at is act mags, it was started by former mecgar employees.

I bought some p220 mags from cdnn sports one time, they had sig mags for 49.99, mecgars for 39.99 and act for 19.99, and ive never had a problem with them!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm almost positive mecgar makes all of sig's pistol mags, I know the make the mags for ruger, beretta, tanfogilio, and cz handguns, and a lot more companies too, another company to look at is act mags, it was started by former mecgar employees.

I bought some p220 mags from cdnn sports one time, they had sig mags for 49.99, mecgars for 39.99 and act for 19.99, and ive never had a problem with them!
    MecGar used to make all of them. They started using Checkmate (CMI) for some a few years ago in addition to MG. If they say USA then they are CMI, Italy then MecGar.
    I agree for P220 mags the ACT mags are G2G.

OP- I would call customer service and raise hell. You bought a new pistol and they had the wrong mags in it. It has been over 2 months now. I would request to speak with a supervisor.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the company. You're the one who spent hundreds of dollars and didn't even bother to check the kit before you left the store with it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You always take out wrapped and oiled mags just to see the stamping?

Yes, if I am spending hundreds on a pistol, I open the box and make sure it has the correct mags and the correct number of mags.

I must say that I've bought several new handguns, and none of the mags have been wrapped or oiled. They are just in the box/case with the pistol.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    These were wrapped and oiled, quick inspection shows they’re there. Not anal enough to peel them out of there to question factory correctness

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Bet you will be next time.
    I know I will from now on. I bought a Sig P30 awhile back and got home to discover it came with the neutered 10 round mags. I never even thought about someone selling a pistol like that in Indiana.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

Two of my 226's came with Checkmate mags but my 320 X5 came with MG mags.

Top Bottom