https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/02/hk-vp9b-pistol/

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, saw that the other day and almost bought one on the spot. Don't need one, but it's a heck of a nice striker fired gun, so I'll likely end up picking one up. All I can say is, took them long enough... :rolleyes:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I believe the VP series is an optional issued handgun for Milwaukee PD. So I'm curious if that was something they (or perhaps another big department) approached HK about changing/offering a different mag release

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have the original VP9 (which up until yesterday was my only striker-fired firearm), and I love. It took me a very short time to get used to the mag release, although my muscle memory still want to hit the button like all of my other guns.

I am not sure how I feel about the change, but hopefully, this will still some of the critics over a very fine gun.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I like the paddle release, I actually prefer it, but my VP9 is the only gun I have it on, and my only striker fired gun as well. I doubt I would go buy one of the Bs. I do want to get a VP9SK with the paddle release though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There are a lot of professionals that recommend that you stick with one platform for a self defense pistol, or at least a similar platform as far as controls and operation is concerned. The VP9-B would be an excellent option for those who really love to try the HK platform, but maybe carry a smaller pistol sometimes that has a typical button mag release. I carry an M&P quite often, but also carry a Sig P365 a lot in the summer. Different brands, but basically the same manual of arms. I've been hitting a button to release the mag for decades. Regardless of brand, all of my semiautos have basically the same controls. Muscle memory really comes into play in a stressful self-defense situation.

If I liked the original HK paddle release better, I'd stick to HK's exclusively, with maybe an original Walther PPS with the paddle release as my slim/pocket pistol.

Top Bottom