Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 45 of 500 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

lol I wouldn't say great work but I do give it my best. That's enough to upset people who don't want to even give any effort.
    We are a great nation, most are too ignorant to realize what life is like in most other places.

User Info Menu

I've been/am in a couple larger organizations and fraternitys if you will and one thing I do see as a plus is when a group of people join together and champion a cause or even just look out for each other and have each others backs. That is on a government level what our colonies did against England. "Join or die". That's a strong recruitment message and similar to what the unions use today.
    I believe voluntary union membership and bargaining with large employers to ensure stability and fairness for GOOD workers is crucial and good. But the unions need to police its members too.
    RIP CPL Andrew Chris KIA 6/26/03 Till Valhalla

User Info Menu

I am lucky, the contractor I work for is great. Our company is owned by a prior army ranger who has a weak spot for veterans and giving to the community. Most of the guys I work with are veterans and or guy that just want to put in a solid days work and go home. It's the die hard union guys that tend to be of a different mindset. I have nothing against them, I just wish they would leave me be, as I leave them to their views. Being in the most powerful union in the most diehard union city in the world has it's pros but it can be tiring. The politics is what kills me. I have to keep my mouth shut or I'm out of a job.

I did get to meet j.b. pritzger and his entire ballot last thursday while mid drink It was so cooool. I totally voted for him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I've been/am in a couple larger organizations and fraternitys if you will and one thing I do see as a plus is when a group of people join together and champion a cause or even just look out for each other and have each others backs. That is on a government level what our colonies did against England. "Join or die". That's a strong recruitment message and similar to what the unions use today.
    I believe voluntary union membership and bargaining with large employers to ensure stability and fairness for GOOD workers is crucial and good. But the unions need to police its members too.
    I know it sounds like I'm bashing the union, and I might be a bit. It's the politics of a chicago union I don't like. I don't appreciate politics or religion shoved down my throat, even if I agree with the message.

I love being part of a brotherhood. I just like when I get to retain my rights and beliefs. The corps was great, we were repressed in our freedom of speech, but the brotherhood was there and it was real. The union has it's brotherhood, but they have differing ethics from myself.

User Info Menu

Chicago is known for it's pizza and politics

User Info Menu

And d@## do I love the pizza!

User Info Menu

My wife and I were going to go to Chicago about 6 or 7 years ago and visit some museums and eat. We started on our trip and it began snowing. 2.5 hours into the trip we were stuck in horrible traffic, but we were still optimistic. We were listening to the radio and heard that downtown Chicago had closed due to it being a solid sheet of ice. So we turned around and came back home. So we finally arrived back home about 6 hours later and were totally exhausted. Now, 2 kids and years later, we are still wanting to go, but the kiddos need to be a little older first.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benp View Post
    My wife and I were going to go to Chicago about 6 or 7 years ago and visit some museums and eat. We started on our trip and it began snowing. 2.5 hours into the trip we were stuck in horrible traffic, but we were still optimistic. We were listening to the radio and heard that downtown Chicago had closed due to it being a solid sheet of ice. So we turned around and came back home. So we finally arrived back home about 6 hours later and were totally exhausted. Now, 2 kids and years later, we are still wanting to go, but the kiddos need to be a little older first.

If you don't mind my asking, how old are the kiddos? I have 2 girls 10 and 1 years old. I love taking them places, yet we havent been downtown yet.

User Info Menu

I haven't been to Chicago since I was 20. I should probably take the time to visit there eventually when I'm less busy. Last time I didn't do much except go to a lot of coffee shops and window shop for things I couldn't afford - not the most exciting trip.

User Info Menu

I personally don't like cities. There is some cool stuff that goes down. My favorite has been Metallica 2 summers ago.

Page 45 of 500 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast