Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 52 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I always recomend to people to buy your first AR-15 factory built and build the second one if you want. If you buy BCM buy a complete upper and then the complete lower to save some money. The feds charge a tax on complete rifles so you will not have to pay that buying the upper and lower seperate. Or aero ... ect.
    The prices right now for complete factory built guns are just too good not to take advantage of, also if you want to sell it and upgrade, a factory built gun will always have better resale value.
    If you build one, really do a lot of research and dont just watch some bubba on YouTube. I guarantee you 98% of the people building their own AR's arent properly staking, seasoning threads, and not properly torqued.
    If you build one, my best advice is do not skimp on the barrel, the BCG or the charging handle. AR's are very forgiving despite what you read on the internet but don't set yourself up for failure. If you need help, you know how to contact me.
    Last edited by Trigger Time; 11-09-2018 at 10:37.
    RIP CPL Andrew Chris KIA 6/26/03 Till Valhalla

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    Good morning, everyone! Spending my morning reading up more on building an AR-15 and what is the best compromise between budget and quality. Itís been a lot of reading and sorting through completely opposite opinions.

Hoping to start picking up parts as they come up on r/gundeals this month.

Now off to make some coffee...
    Pick a budget that you can live with. Most ars will get the job done, but some will do it better than others. Think of it as with hand guns. Hi points will technically work or you can spend extra and have a cz.
    If you can try to get a matched reciever set. You dont have to spend thousands but like mentiined above "buy once, cry once" larue tactical has an excellent value in the mbt trigger.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

I have found that the ALG triggers sold by Midway are just fine in any of my ARs as they are hands down better than any budge LPK offerings and as good as many after market drop ins.yes there are better but for $70 they are. Fair del. most who have ran mine like them.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I have found that the ALG triggers sold by Midway are just fine in any of my ARs as they are hands down better than any budge LPK offerings and as good as many after market drop ins.yes there are better but for $70 they are. Fair del. most who have ran mine like them.
    I agree. I've been recommending ALG triggers as a standard trigger to people since they first released it. For the money its golden.
    The larue is a great trigger too and they run sales on them too so you can get them for less than 99, it's a better trigger than the ALG if you want to spend extra.
    Always all about what someone wants to spend. If function is your only concern then put most of your budget into the barrel, bcg, ch, and sure trigger. Or if you have someone that knows what they are doing they can take a milspec trigger and make it just as good as a larue

If you are set on building one, wait till black Friday and BUY BUY BUY. I usualy stock up on all the great deals then for the year. Primary arms should have some ALG triggers and some fail zero BCG's for great deals.

User Info Menu

ALG is the trigger that BCI uses. It is very good.

I am very compassionate with Velocity drop in Triggers
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

User Info Menu

Stupid auto correct.

Passionate..!
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    The ALG ACT trigger is the one used in the rifle Sarah fired.

IMHO...ALG ACT for a single stage or Larue MBT for a two stage trigger. Excellent triggers at reasonable prices.

User Info Menu

ALG is the company owned by geissele's wife in case anyone didn't know.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    The ALG ACT trigger is the one used in the rifle Sarah fired.

IMHO...ALG ACT for a single stage or Larue MBT for a two stage trigger at reasonable prices.
    I originally bought one just to see. No idea what they were bout. I have used maybe 20 of them in the last couple of years. I have used the light spring in 2 rifles but usually a the heavy offering all with great success.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    ALG is the company owned by geissele's wife in case anyone didn't know.
    I knew. Because you told me.....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 52 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast