T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Evening, TD. Get your foam all cut?
    Yes and then put all the pieces back in where I cut them from. Soft foam is a joke to work with and I had no patience for it. I cut holes for mags only to discover the mags were too tall for the lid to close. It was the most frustrating project I've had in a long time. I got so frustrated I almost put that whole case in the attic and bought something else. I'm removing all the foam panels and putting the guns inside with smaller/soft individual pistol cases instead. Over the winter, I will purchase better "hard" foam and cut custom pieces for the case. For this trip, this case will work for me with what I needed. However, those 5 pistol cases from Case Club look to be better suited for range use and they have the better foam. I didn't buy one because of cost and they were slightly larger than this Pelican V200 I bought, which was already bigger than what I should have gotten anyways. I really wasn't sure what guns I wanted to take with me and tried to buy something that will work for this trip and future range use, but that didn't happen.

Tons of bad research followed by an impatient purchase and an even more impatient attempt at cutting foam = :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes and then put all the pieces back in where I cut them from. Soft foam is a joke to work with and I had no patience for it. I cut holes for mags only to discover the mags were too tall for the lid to close. It was the most frustrating project I've had in a long time. I got so frustrated I almost put that whole case in the attic and bought something else. I'm removing all the foam panels and putting the guns inside with smaller/soft individual pistol cases instead. Over the winter, I will purchase better "hard" foam and cut custom pieces for the case. For this trip, this case will work for me with what I needed. However, those 5 pistol cases from Case Club look to be better suited for range use and they have the better foam. I didn't buy one because of cost and they were slightly larger than this Pelican V200 I bought, which was already bigger than what I should have gotten anyways. I really wasn't sure what guns I wanted to take with me and tried to buy something that will work for this trip and future range use, but that didn't happen.

Tons of bad research followed by an impatient purchase and an even more impatient attempt at cutting foam = :xmad:

So the #1 old guy sends you in the right direction and you blow him off.....:dunno:

Darned kids.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Sorry to hear that. You'll get it sorted out. I've been thinking about the case club 5 gun cases, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom