• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I was at Gander Outdoors in Castleton on Saturday evening to buy a gun, and while I was there, TWO other guys independently purchased SIG P365s. I asked about availability, and the guy at the counter said they had like 14 more in the back.

Sounds like supply is catching up to demand a bit now...

I am still not ready to make the switch to the P365, but just for sheer capacity reasons, I will probably switch from my SIG P938 someday.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm definitely intrigued by this...

But I want to shoot one before I make any further decisions.

I've got a lot of trigger time, ammunition, holsters, mags, and "muscle memory" wrapped up in the Shield. If I switched things up every time a new and improved "thing" came out - I'd probably never develop any kind of consistency.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I've got a lot of trigger time, ammunition, holsters, mags, and "muscle memory" wrapped up in the Shield. If I switched things up every time a new and improved "thing" came out - I'd probably never develop any kind of consistency.

If you have a Point Blank near you, they probably have one in the rental case. Don't know where you are, but Greenwood Point Blank has one.

I have a P365 and would not go back to a Shield 9mm, or any other pistol of similar size for its intended role.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

I got a chance to shoot Dean Crail's P365, and I gotta say, it is pretty incredible. Way better than I expected.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    I was looking for these a couple months ago. Had to put my name on 4 waiting lists. Then all of a sudden I found 3 on Armslist, all new, for $485, $500, and $510. I bought all 3, will likely sell 2 of them because I don't really enjoy small CCW.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The 365 made me switch from my beloved Shield 9mm that I bought off a member here.
    1st time I shot one (belonging to a friend), I was shocked at how accurate and knew I would buy one eventually.
    With the 12 round magazine, it fits the hand divinely.
    It cost me $245 more than I had in the Shield, and you all know how "thrifty" I am, but I had to have one.
    When I could get a new one for $500 at Rural King, I did.
    Someone here put me onto one NW of Indy where he knew one was available b/c of a friend working there.
    This was back before they were available for $500 very often.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I was talking to a State Trooper at the Indy 1500 this weekend and he mentioned that ISP purchased 600 of them to issue as backup guns to issue to the troopers.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I was just researching these today, along with their 1911 style pistols. Are these polymer or alloy frame? Is their trigger half as good as they claim?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I went to Greenwood's Point Blank yesterday early afternoon because I had the day off.

I wanted to rent their P365...but it wasn't in the case. "out of service".

so I rented a G43 and a Ruger LC9s Pro instead.

Shot the G43 first. 25 rounds. I'm impressed with that little gun. Quite soft-shooting. Quite accurate. Comfortable to handle and shoot. LOW capacity.

The Ruger (25 rounds) was horrible by comparison. Long and light trigger with a long reset. Ergonomics: The slide stop lever would bash into my right thumb under recoil. I had to change my grip. Recoil felt more harsh/substantial.

So, I definitely won't buy the Ruger - as I'd contemplated something smaller than the Shield. And I don't think I'll buy the G43 either based on capacity. I know that I could have an extended mag on there - but then I may as well stick with the Shield.

So - I still want to try the Sig. But man, the prices of extra mags...mercy goodness. Eyewatering.

thindman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Indy
    I just bought one from Midwest last Sunday. It does seem like the supply is finally catching up. I’ve read and heard good things about the P365. Going to the range Monday to put some rounds through it. Am excited to see how good it is for myself.

Top Bottom