• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Just purchased a gen5 Glock 17 with the ameriglo sights. Didn’t notice this issue until I got home. The left rear tritium vial has some sort of black coating over it. In the bright light at the gun shop I didn’t really notice it. However, when I got home it caught my eye. I then took it to the dark bathroom and it definitely affects the brightness of that side of the rear sight in the dark. I’m not sure what it is. I have tried scraping it with a toothpick and a q-tip with hoppes on it.

Has as anyone experienced anything similar and have any advice?

Further, anyone know if Glock would offer any remedy to this ?

thanks in advance. I will include a picture but it doesn’t show up too great. Much more pronounced in person.
    nosn83.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You can also try Ameriglo themselves. I've contacted them in the past on a couple issues. They've always been very responsive and took care of the problem right away. Give them a call and they might just send you a new rear sight without having to warranty the gun.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    You can also try Ameriglo themselves. I've contacted them in the past on a couple issues. They've always been very responsive and took care of the problem right away. Give them a call and they might just send you a new rear sight without having to warranty the gun.

Good call. Emailed them and had a return authorization email within 3 minutes.

Now i I just have to take it somewhere and have the rear sight removed. Thanks for the advice.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you want to PM me I'll try to connect with you and remove it. I'm close to Greenwood.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom