Went and did it was told stop being so cheap!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so we make the trip to one of the better store near us, they have really nice hooded sweatshirts, with a patriotic theme, which my son really likes, it's getting a bit cool here so off we went. One i like this store because they will take the time to communicate in ways that work. I was seeing about getting a rear sight opened up a bit. In the process somehow we made it over to the 1911 counter after we picked up the sweatshirts. That's when it happened!

This followed me home:

Attachments

• IMG_4403-2.jpg
      IMG_4403-2.jpg
      901.3 KB · Views: 192

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Alright! Very nice! Don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

I have been wanting one, a nicer 1911 for about two years i had a budget of $3k which I could not bring my self to spend! Passed on a Les Baear, Wilson etc. This was still a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I had a figure in mind and which they met, I was going to look for a Vigil as a compromise in cost but they were able to get fairly to the price so I figured why not get the Guardian with the extras.

I am pretty sure the mouse would approve.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Very nice I am in same boat as you,trying to hold out and wait to buy a higher end 1911. Looks like you made the right choice.
    Oh yeah you need to post that beauty on the show me 1911. I call that thread my dream list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been wanting one, a nicer 1911 for about two years i had a budget of $3k which I could not bring my self to spend! Passed on a Les Baear, Wilson etc. This was still a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I had a figure in mind and which they met, I was going to look for a Vigil as a compromise in cost but they were able to get fairly to the price so I figured why not get the Guardian with the extras.

You betcha. Well done.

This is my DW A2.....and no, it aint stock...:):
    W49wvtj.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very nice I am in same boat as you,trying to hold out and wait to buy a higher end 1911. Looks like you made the right choice.
    Oh yeah you need to post that beauty on the show me 1911. I call that thread my dream list.

There was a day not so long ago I would not say this but now, you just can not go wrong with a DW.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    nice looking pistol ya got there :yesway:

truthfully i hate "shopping" the wife gets pissed at me whenever i walk into a store.
    call it "sticker shock" or whatever, but i sometimes have problems parting with my hard earned money.
    back in the spring i was looking for a rimfire rifle, i walked away several times, until she got (more than) slightly annoyed at me, and said "just buy the friggin gun already, i'm tired of your cheap ass" :xmad:

:cheers:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    nice looking pistol ya got there :yesway:

truthfully i hate "shopping" the wife gets pissed at me whenever i walk into a store.
    call it "sticker shock" or whatever, but i sometimes have problems parting with my hard earned money.
    back in the spring i was looking for a rimfire rifle, i walked away several times, until she got (more than) slightly annoyed at me, and said "just buy the friggin gun already, i'm tired of your cheap ass" :xmad:

There comes a point where the time you waste far out weighs the money you may or may not save. My time holds serious value.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I just pulled my DW out of the safe yesterday for some serious coon-fingering, and man, she is a pretty sight. I forgot how tight she is and how hard it is to rack.

Recovering from some hand surgery, so I can't shoot for another week or so, but you can bet I will be taking her out on my first trip back to the range.

Congratulations, and may she serve you as well as my DW has served me.

Oh... and stop being such a cheap skate!!! :):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I just pulled my DW out of the safe yesterday for some serious coon-fingering, and man, she is a pretty sight. I forgot how tight she is and how hard it is to rack.

Recovering from some hand surgery, so I can't shoot for another week or so, but you can bet I will be taking her out on my first trip back to the range.

Congratulations, and may she serve you as well as my DW has served me.

Oh... and stop being such a cheap skate!!! :):
    It's warming up here so I might get a chance to ring the gong a few times later today. I guess I am not really cheap more like I have a hard time spending that much on my self. We are doing fine, but you still remember the rough years, so a lot of times that's a factor.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. It is always neat to see someone "thrifty" go for it and get a fine piece! :thumbsup:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Love to hear a range report on this. Always liked the bobtail look, but never had a chance to shoot one. Heard 50/50 reports on how people like/dislike the grip.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I guess I am not really cheap more like I have a hard time spending that much on my self.

kinda sums it up for me as well.....

i dont like spending money, on myself, for stuff that isnt a necessity.... even parting with money for stuff i need pisses me off sometimes.. :laugh:.

i remember the times when i had $10-$15 left for a weeks worth of groceries (for 2 people) after paying bills...

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    i remember the times when i had $10-$15 left for a weeks worth of groceries (for 2 people) after paying bills...

Ha! $10-$15 would have been a *luxury* to us. We had to live on $9-$14. Now *that* was tough.

We had to live in a shoebox in the middle of the road, all 27 of us!!!

[video=youtube;ue7wM0QC5LE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    kinda sums it up for me as well.....

i dont like spending money, on myself, for stuff that isnt a necessity.... even parting with money for stuff i need pisses me off sometimes.. :laugh:.

When my kids moan about being broke I often remind them of times where if we had a solid dollar between us on a Thursday it was a good week. Pay day was Friday. They were never hungry but I passed on lunch more than many times back then.

Top Bottom