• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    Does anyone have any experience with this model. I know it only has a 4' barrel and may not be as accurate as the 5.5", but it would be a lot easier to carry. I could
    carry it in a bib overall pocket or hoodie pocket and use it against the occasional varmint or pack of dogs that wander.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've never heard anything negative about a Buckmark, despite the barrel length.
    I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times on the Micro Bull barrel 4" at Rural King when they had terrific prices.
    I ended up unexpectedly with an old 5.5" that someone here had that I bought ammo from and he had it in his safe and sold it to me at a price I couldn't say no to, and I have enjoyed it.
    From my readings, the 4" does "just" as well, especially in the hands of an amateur like myself. :dunno:
    The prices on the used ones are not any better than the Rural King prices when they run a great sale ($300), like a shop in Noblesville I have bought from:

convert

BROWNINGBrowning Buck Mark Micro Bull 051537490
    PRODUCT CODE : 023614735328
    [FONT=&quot]$298.99[/FONT]

Browning's Buck Mark rimfire pistol leads the industry in quality, reliability, accuracy and variety. It is constructed of a solid piece of aircraft-grade 7075 aluminum alloy, and then is CNC machined to exacting tolerances. The straight blowback design offers enhanced simplicity and reliability. Its crisp single-action trigger, hand reamed chamber, target crowned barrel and finely adjustable target sights mean the Buck Mark comes ready for fun straight from the box. The Micro Bull model has a bull barrel with recessed muzzle, built-in recess and raised side panels for better grip on its slide, and a magazine release adjacent to the trigger guard. This model has a matte black 4" barrel and black ambidextrous Ultragrip FX grip with rubber overmolding. Included are two magazines and pistol rug.

Type Pistol
    Grips Black Ultragrip FX
    Action Single
    Safety Manual
    Series Micro Bull
    Weight 32 oz
    Caliber 22 long rifle lr
    Capacity 10+1
    Case Type Pistol Rug
    Barrel Type Bull
    Sight Style Adjustable
    Weight Range 32.00 oz to 47.99 oz
    Barrel Length 4"
    Frame Material 7075 Aluminum
    Slide Description Black Aluminum Alloy
    Barrel Length Range 4.00" to 4.99"
    Sight Configuration Pro Target Adjustable

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Cabelas and Bass pro have these in their black friday ad. 5 day sale from Nov 21-25. $199.97 after $100 mail in rebate

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Does anyone have any experience with this model. I know it only has a 4' barrel and may not be as accurate as the 5.5", but it would be a lot easier to carry. I could
    carry it in a bib overall pocket or hoodie pocket and use it against the occasional varmint or pack of dogs that wander.

As to the gun itself, I'm sure it works fine. The Buckmark is a good pistol.

Hopefully when you say it will fit into a pocket, you're doing so with a holster. Carrying a pistol without something covering the trigger is dangerous, even with a manual safety.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

In this case barrel length should not affect accuracy, the person behind the gun is more crucial for accuracy than the gun itself.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    In this case barrel length should not affect accuracy, the person behind the gun is more crucial for accuracy than the gun itself.
    Beat me to it. I would be willing to bet the pistol will be more accurate than 99% of the shooters that wield it. Also to be considered is ammo when you are expecting "target pistol" accuracy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    At my very average skill level, I have found that an extra 1-2" inch longer barrel has not helped me be any more accurate with the SW 22A-1 5.5" or the 7" barrel.
    I have found that with my 9mm that the heavier they are has helped me be a little more accurate, for example, going from 36 oz to 41 oz to 46 oz. in the CZ line.

I know with me it has to be my deficiency, not the gun.
    I thought when I bought the 7" SW 22A-1 that my groups would tighten up comparing it to the other two I had: didn't happen (yet?).
    Both of the 5.5" barrels have done better than the 7", but testing will be ongoing before I sell at least one of them, and hopefully two.
    I have so much too learn. I thought that length mattered. :dunno:

Top Bottom