Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Which one do you carry to protect YOU?

1. None of these.
    2. I CC a Ruger LCR .357 and/or a Sig Sauer 365.
    3. The Glock 26 and Rami have always been possible future carries, but ever since I got the Sig 365, they are nearly a mute point for CC.
    4. If I sold one or both of the above, the Ruger 1911 Officer is a possible CC.
    5. In the long run, I won't keep all 3 that I've mentioned.
    6. With the Sig 365, I don't need any of the 3 for CC but they carry their weight on the range, but with the magnificent CZ Shadow 2, I don't need them for range fun either.
    7. The Glock might have to go first as a range gun, since I want to keep the Rami, but now that I have the Ruger Officer 1911, I really like it.
    8. During the next year there will be changes, maybe after retirement in June and I am forced to make some hard decisions.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    "forced to make some hard decisions."
    Standing offer for that GSG with unknown amount of $ upgrades.:):

1. It is a matter of public record on INGO exactly what the amount of the upgrades were (since I kept bragging about it), and actually it was a little more b/c I left out one thing. :laugh:
    2. The GSG will be a hard one to sell since it was made into "perfect" condition, correcting all weaknesses inherent in all those 1911 type of .22LR.
    3. I have so many that shoot about with the same level of accuracy, that it is hard to trim one, especially since I enjoy shooting them all.
    4. I put up one of my 1911- .22LR for sale this evening, so that is a first step at least: getting hard to cut from what is remaining.
    5. I have about 5-7 guns on the list for potential selling, but the GSG is not one of them! :dunno:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yeah...the Ruger P-95 will out shoot many other pistols when it comes to accuracy at distance...they're just a beast to tote all day as an EDC weapon.
    And the Ruger 1911 Officer's model...just a nice piece of equipment to have around!
    However, those CZ's, from what I hear, are very nice pistols...accurate, reliable, etc.
    Tough decisions...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah...the Ruger P-95 will out shoot many other pistols when it comes to accuracy at distance...they're just a beast to tote all day as an EDC weapon.
    And the Ruger 1911 Officer's model...just a nice piece of equipment to have around!
    However, those CZ's, from what I hear, are very nice pistols...accurate, reliable, etc.
    Tough decisions...

1. Your observations are my musing, my processing.
    2. The P95 is a "house gun" that I keep handy beside my "man" chair in a drawer (no children anymore in house), but I could use the Shadow 2 for the same purpose.
    3. The CZs are a cut above and will be very hard to trim when/if finances become tight in years to come (not immediately).
    4. Since I do love the hunt, and continue to buy even though the "need" is gone b/c I have a sickness, that must be dealt with, however.
    5. As I was getting out of bed this am, the thought of the range after church came to mind, and I immediately thought of the new toy: 1911 Officer, and I had a pre-coffee smile in my mind b/c I just "like" it: the fun of the hobby.
    6. I even have my RIA 1911 XT-22 LR for sale now to begin the trim process, but my heart is not in it.
    I like it: heavy (only a little lighter than their 45 acp), and is sometimes more accurate than my more expensive GSG 1911 with the $500 of upgrades (but that could be all me).

Top Bottom