• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    https://www.guns.com/news/2018/11/16/remington-launches-new-700-cp-pistol-line-in-3-calibers-photos

Was never huge into XP100s, Strikers, etc. outside of some of the impressive calibers sometimes used but this thing, is actually pretty damn cool. As a pistol probably needs to have a left handed bolt for easier operation but as a SBR... or pistol with a folding brace...in 300blk and a silencer.....I'm thinking it could have some cool factor potential. One downside is running it as an SBR, whichever scope you have may extend pretty far forward close to the muzzle device or silencer

Generally not a Remington fan but the cool factor IMO is pretty high

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Law Tactical folding SB brace would be bad arsed esp suppressed. I'd use a Leupold scout scope to keep the round ring of shame off of my coconut.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If the 223 is a 1:7 twist (have seen NO info on the interwebs about that), I might seriously consider one depending on street price.

That's one of the downsides of this pistol....at the moment msrp is set at about the same as most standard chassis rifles. $1099 if I remember right :ugh:

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I'd buy the 300 blk with a law folder and tailhook Suppressed. I'm assuming that plug is threaded above the grip if not that's a huge miss.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'd buy the 300 blk with a law folder and tailhook Suppressed. I'm assuming that plug is threaded above the grip if not that's a huge miss.

It would be fun to have one in a suitcase and shoot it off Sean Connery’s shoulder...

That has the makings of a fun rig.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    SB Tactical makes a folding adapter designed for use on non AR platform guns that would work great on this handgun. And it is a third of the cost of the Law Folder

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Ok Denny.

Ha! That's my first time.

Remington does seem to be using the standard (right handed) 700 action on these. The version I posted was what everyone has been reporting, so that's probably what's for sale.

It's just set up for the bolt to be operated by the right hand, and when it's only supposed to be held in one hand, operating the bolt with your right hand should mean holding it with your left.

But I personally don't want a bolt-action handgun anyway.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I shot Haweye7br's XP100 earlier this year. Laying on back in Creedmore shooting position with the .222 pistol resting on my leg. Never missed bowling pin steel targets at 110 and 165 yards with 5 shots. And we all know, I ain't that good...

I'll certainly look at these when they've been out a while. When they get wrung out, reached price equilibrium and the secondary market, they might be well worth having.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom