Meet the Sig Sauer P365: The Best Semi-Automatic Gun on the Planet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Best semi-automatic gun on the planet? LOL. No.

Best concealed carry pistol on the planet with regards to size/weight vs. capacity? Absolutely. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Top notch equipment, yes, preferable to any other SMALL 9mm available, probably. Best on the planet, more than a little bit over the top.
    S&W compact or Glock 19, with a good holster and belt almost as easy to carry and conceal and IMHO better choices because of accessory availability, ammo on board and most important a track record of reliability.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I was walking out of the house for an imminent gun fight and had to take a pistol, it wouldn't be the P365.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So Kyle from SF has to start with the gun culture statement, if he didn't he'd lose his lib street cred. If he ever met a group of INGOers he'd probably be shocked we are individuals with our own views, and opinions, and priorities. Kyle lives in a city where homeless people defecate on the sidewalk, fat, naked guys sit next to you at restaurants, and junkies lay on the sidewalk with the syringe hanging out of their arms. I'll bet everyone he knows voted for Pelosi and all think and act exactly alike. It is quite telling that to assume everyone grouped together based on one commonality (be it race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, where you live, or whether you own firearms), you must think and act just like everyone in your group. No wonder he thinks the "gun culture" is a homogeneous blob that actually exists.

INGOers make up a small percentage of the gun owners in Indiana. Among INGOers there are many different types of gun owners. There are gun owners, not "gun culture". For every ATM and CBhausen how many Fudds are out there? For every Churchmouse how many people put three rounds through their J-frame and never shoot it again? For every Rhino how many gun owners never carry their gun, let alone guns and knives? For every AR owner with mags stashed in various places around the house, how many gun owner's home defense gun is behind the bedroom door and is also used for trap shooting?

Hell, we live in the State with the highest percentage of adults with handgun licenses and we can't get ConC a vote!!

Kyle Mizokami is a defense and national security writer based in San Francisco who has appeared in the
    Diplomat, Foreign Policy, War is Boring and the Daily Beast. In 2009 he cofounded the defense and security blog Japan Security Watch.

That explains:[h=3]While it’s still too early for the notoriously conservative gun culture to call, the P365 may indeed be the “Holy Grail of concealed carry pistols.”[/h]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When I first fired one I knew I would buy one to replace my beloved Shield 9mm.
    Today I was organizing "everything-gun" at the house and I can't find my 12 round mag for it.
    Found the package it came in! :dunno:
    It is supposed to be in the case with the two 10 round mags, but no. :wallbash:
    I have looked everywhere twice, including every gun case to be sure it didn't get mixed up with another at the range: nothing! :crying:
    I remember taking it to the range a 3-4 weeks ago for its monthly check-up and I had it there. :ugh:
    I found the extra mags for my Ruger P95 and my Sig P250 that I'm selling, and just knew it must be with the other Sig mags: wrong!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are you sure he isn't using "conservative" as ..
    tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional

Deep stuff there Act. I'm leaning towards no. The P365 is 10+1 out of the box, highly concealable, and has night sights. The "new hotness" draws gun owners just like iPhone users to the new iPhone. "Conservative" in SF is not used as a positive.

In other news, my son was going to shoot the P365 at Parabellum this week. I figure the report will be "I gotta get me one of those!!", will see him later today. If he gets one it'll make Christmas shopping easier :D

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    If you say so, I currently carry a Glock-27, ten rounds of .40 in a small package, I have been carrying it since 1994 ish, so my choice is biased as I have never held and fired a Sig 365.

Now last week during Michigan firearms deer season, I was asked to aerate a new 55 gal drum/burn barrel at our Kalkaska Michigan cabin, I didn't hesitate, I just drew my G-27 and fired the ten rounds in it into that cold metal container.

As natural to me as can be.

I would not want anything else in a small size pistol (IMHO) protecting me and mine.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Deep stuff there Act. I'm leaning towards no. The P365 is 10+1 out of the box, highly concealable, and has night sights. The "new hotness" draws gun owners just like iPhone users to the new iPhone. "Conservative" in SF is not used as a positive.
    In other news, my son was going to shoot the P365 at Parabellum this week. I figure the report will be "I gotta get me one of those!!", will see him later today. If he gets one it'll make Christmas shopping easier :D

1. X-mas!? I hadn't even hardly given that a thought yet.
    2. Last year my daughter asked what I wanted and w/i minutes she went online to get me 3 mos. of range time at Point Blank in Greenwood b/c I'd just moved there and was using up free passes they gave me when I left the Point Blank in Carmel.
    3. If she came into money I'd put a nice gun on the list. :laugh:
    4. This year she just moved into a new house and the "old" one hasn't sold yet, so I'll be lucky to get some ammo. :lmfao:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you say so, I currently carry a Glock-27, ten rounds of .40 in a small package, I have been carrying it since 1994 ish, so my choice is biased as I have never held and fired a Sig 365.

Now last week during Michigan firearms deer season, I was asked to aerate a new 55 gal drum/burn barrel at our Kalkaska Michigan cabin, I didn't hesitate, I just drew my G-27 and fired the ten rounds in it into that cold metal container.

As natural to me as can be.

I would not want anything else in a small size pistol (IMHO) protecting me and mine.

You shouldn't have wasted your ammo like that, since they don't make .40 anymore.

:stickpoke: :)

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    So Kyle from SF has to start with the gun culture statement, if he didn't he'd lose his lib street cred. If he ever met a group of INGOers he'd probably be shocked we are individuals with our own views, and opinions, and priorities.

So you're saying we're all different???? That can't be true. I'm not!!! :):

Great post man, I loved it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Top notch equipment, yes, preferable to any other SMALL 9mm available, probably. Best on the planet, more than a little bit over the top.
    S&W compact or Glock 19, with a good holster and belt almost as easy to carry and conceal and IMHO better choices because of accessory availability, ammo on board and most important a track record of reliability.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

This is thoroughly spot-on. My thoughts exactly.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

This is thoroughly spot-on. My thoughts exactly.

Hey now!!! Let's not water down all of the hype with facts!!! Sheesh!!! What is wrong with you man??? :p

Top Bottom