• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Please excuse my ignorance but why adding it to the grip. I get the front of the gun but adding weight to the rear?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have one of the brass plugs around here somewhere that I would let go for a reasonable price. If you are interested PM me and I'll look for it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Please excuse my ignorance but why adding it to the grip. I get the front of the gun but adding weight to the rear?

Most polymer handguns are front heavy, my brother has a G34 with a brass insert and it balances really nice. I will be adding a weapon light also to see what that does, all of these is due to a wrist injury and during extended range sessions my wrist gets sore so by adding weight its said that perceived recoil is reduced. I want to take a 2 day pistol class and want to make sure I don't have to leave it early.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Most polymer handguns are front heavy, my brother has a G34 with a brass insert and it balances really nice. I will be adding a weapon light also to see what that does, all of these is due to a wrist injury and during extended range sessions my wrist gets sore so by adding weight its said that perceived recoil is reduced. I want to take a 2 day pistol class and want to make sure I don't have to leave it early.
    Thanks, I run TLR-1’s on all my Glocks. I never thought about adding weight to the rear. I just may have to check it out.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Mine shoots like a cap gun with a flashlight on it and my hand loads.

Extra at the rear couldn't hurt. I used bullets, lead shot, and pennies in long gun stocks. Never thought of it for pistol.

Play around with different bullet weights and maybe an aftermarket barrel that's ported or threaded for a comp.

Top Bottom