• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not if you ever intend to run any full house 10mm through it. Slower stuff (1050/1100) OK but 1550+ as any kind of a steady diet I would not do it. And if you are not going to run the Full Monti stuff then why have a 10mm.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Buddy of mine bought a Colt Delta in 10mm when they first came out. Second round through it broke the extractor. They didn't have the really hot stuff back then either.

Do some background and see what it can handle. I wouldn't mind having one just to have it, but it's gotta work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buddy of mine bought a Colt Delta in 10mm when they first came out. Second round through it broke the extractor. They didn't have the really hot stuff back then either.

Do some background and see what it can handle. I wouldn't mind having one just to have it, but it's gotta work.

The early colts are the reason the ammo people softened up the 10mm rounds. They were tearing up the Colts.
    The newer Colts are tougher or so I have been told.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or a Ruger. Or a Springer TRP 10mm.
    No knock on the RIA's as they really have improved them. I just have little faith in the metallurgy.

Think I might look into the Ruger seems like it might be more Budget friendly Not sure if SA makes one with out the rail, for some reason I am not a fan of rails on the 1911

This is my only grail gun at present. A full railed bull barrel TRP in any caliber except 9mm of course.

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I also have a Rock Island Armory 1911 in .45 ACP that I have been happy with. I had a gunsmith work on my Springfield Armory GI 45 model 1911. He was the third one to do so and finally got it to eject properly. We talked about RIA model 1911s and he told me that he had one chambered in 10 mm. He had put many rounds through it and was quite happy with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I also have a Rock Island Armory 1911 in .45 ACP that I have been happy with. I had a gunsmith work on my Springfield Armory GI 45 model 1911. He was the third one to do so and finally got it to eject properly. We talked about RIA model 1911s and he told me that he had one chambered in 10 mm. He had put many rounds through it and was quite happy with it.

Again......what are you putting through it. There are a lot of power levels available for a 10mm.
    There was a day when I would never consider anything made by RIA as having seen and fixed several. But, they have upped the game in recent time. The fit/finish has improved. I still will not own one but they have become a viable entry level 1911 in the .45 models for casual range use. JMHO of course.
    If you own one and like it run it.

Top Bottom