• STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Always wanted a G-21
    So today I got one off of Gunbroker.com
    I have always wanted one, but thought they were too fat in the grip, and anyway I am a GLOCK in.40 man. (22\23\27).
    But I fired a Gen 4 G-21 with no back strap,
    and it was nice.
    So I been looking for a Gen 3 SF..
    I hope I found a good one, what
    say you?
    I have two 13 round magazines at home, and a set of hi vis night sights somewhere.
    It cost me $338 + $19.95 shipping +FFL fee.

I have $218 cash back on my Discover Card, so I just got my x mas present.
    I need to find a rear slide plate cover and extended slide stop, cleaning rod and .45 cal brush..
    I own a G-30 and a G-30S in my colection, is why I wanted a Gen 3, instead of a blue lable Gen 4.
    Anyway I gotta get it here from Colorado, should be in my hands i by the end of the week.
    Ammo and holster I have.

I will stop by USDS in Greenwood later around 1 PM and ask they do the FFL Transfer, nice shop, just never transferred a pistol there.
    I have some .45 230 gr Fed HST for it. Maybe they have the spare parts I need too, E-bay today is not much help.

Cross posted here in GT with pictures:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/finally-snagged-one-gen-3-g-21-sf.1735456/#post-26303440

Merry x mas to me!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glad to see that you found one. I had been keeping my eyes out for one locally since you had posted about wanting one over on GT. I’ve been very happy with mine and it’s been the nightstand gun for some time now.

Most of my Glocks are .40s, but I do have a pair of G30sf’s and the one G21sf to round the family out.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    G21SF is perhaps the best .45 platform for the cost that you can get. Bombproof reliable, super durable, and also very versatile. Conversions to 10mm and 460Rowland are easily done at reasonable cost.

Personally, I'd do the 460 Rowland conversion, you can still shoot standard .45 if you won't want something nearly 44 mag in power.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Excellent firearm overall. I just pedaled mine off. Too big and heavy and bottom line ammo cost sucks. Moved to a G19. 45 guy at heart but when I can save weight on my person and load twice as many rounds for same money spent it had to go.:(

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I absolutely LOVE my G21SF Gen 3. Mine is one of my HD guns. I am more accurate with it than some of my 9mm's for some odd reason. I love it so much I gave it some love in the form of a Zev trigger, slide porting and lightening, RMR cut with battleworn cerekote job, Trijicon suppressor night sights, threaded barrel, extended magazines, grip tape and a TLR3. Big fan. Big fan of these G21SFs. But I have not really adheared to them being a great value :)

Td2zvin.jpg

ZsJk389.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks my 21 is on its way from Denver to Indy, USDS should have it in 3 days.

I say this SHOULD be my last Glock, yea right who knows.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    My first .45 was a Ruger P90 and I thought it was a great gun. Then one day I was at the range when another shooter showed up with his new G21 and allowed me to fire a few rounds throught the gun. Yeah, my next .45 was a G21. The grip is too big and the gun is too big to carry as an EDC, but it sure is a soft shooter and accurate.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I looked in my Glock spares tackle box and found a spare "Universal" rod and brush, (check), a new rear slide cover plate (check), ordered an extended slide stop off e-bay from Chicago, (check), but cannot find the Night sights taken off a G-30?!?
    I will turn that corner of the bedroom over again tonight or on my RDO's (FRI/SAT), until I find them. I have two spare mags set out, I wonder why Glock according to my pictured label only shipped them with two?
    Most of the Glocks I buy have three instead of the sub compacts.
    Anyway I have a spare lock too but................I looked at ammo and found fifteen rounds of Federal HST 230 gr (+) P in a box, and ten rounds of 230 gr old Winchester Black Talon from my G-30/30S days I guess. So a box of Wal-Mart ball to practice on will be on my weekend shopping list, and a box of fifty Fed HST (+) P should be enough to shoot the old and bring in the new.
    Will be about a week (3 days shipping from Colorado, they say) and the transfer when It comes in and I can get to the LGS. And it will be mine all mine.
    Seriously I plan to have fun with it at times, but unless it shoots as well or better than the G-22/23/27 series I use in different situations each day, It becomes that X-mas present I been looking for. (I been a good boy this year) .

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Congrats on a fine .45 acp pistol...the Glock 21 will provide you with years of quality fun and reliability!

I'm a .45 fan...but have small hands so, until the SF frames came out, all full-size Glock pistols were out of the question for me.

Since the SF frames came out, however, I have since acquired a Gen 3 Glock 21 SF frame and assembled a 5" tactical pistol with a stainless slide + barrel, both from Lone Wolf, and along with a 24# recoil spring. It shoots .45 Super quite well, without having to ream the barrel chamber...and still shoots .45 acp as well!
    All I'll say is .45 Super is a hoot to shoot!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I looked in my Glock spares tackle box and found a spare "Universal" rod and brush, (check), a new rear slide cover plate (check), ordered an extended slide stop off e-bay from Chicago, (check), but cannot find the Night sights taken off a G-30?!?
    I will turn that corner of the bedroom over again tonight or on my RDO's (FRI/SAT), until I find them. I have two spare mags set out, I wonder why Glock according to my pictured label only shipped them with two?
    Most of the Glocks I buy have three instead of the sub compacts.
    Anyway I have a spare lock too but................I looked at ammo and found fifteen rounds of Federal HST 230 gr (+) P in a box, and ten rounds of 230 gr old Winchester Black Talon from my G-30/30S days I guess. So a box of Wal-Mart ball to practice on will be on my weekend shopping list, and a box of fifty Fed HST (+) P should be enough to shoot the old and bring in the new.
    Will be about a week (3 days shipping from Colorado, they say) and the transfer when It comes in and I can get to the LGS. And it will be mine all mine.
    Seriously I plan to have fun with it at times, but unless it shoots as well or better than the G-22/23/27 series I use in different situations each day, It becomes that X-mas present I been looking for. (I been a good boy this year) .

Gen 3's only shipped with 2 mags.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ah, supposed to be delivered yesterday to USDS, I will go after work if its there and play the NCIC waiting game I have a UPN # but no body their cares, any way web, look at the pics of my Pistol I posted in the GB link: Is the back strap grip area smoothed out in the rear view pic? Oh I will be pissed at myself and ordering Talon Grip tape if it is?
    My own fault if it is...............https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792055333.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The rear grip area looks fine from what I can see. The SF looks a little different there. I have a G21SF as well. It is a fantastic shooter. I have had several 21's over the years from Gen 2's, 3's and 4's, but this is the first and only 21SF I have had and I chose to keep this one. The Gen 4 was the next best feeling one and is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yup kid it was delivered from Denver Saturday so I went to get it at USDS in Greenwood yesterday after work. Good news is its all OK, AS NEW IN BOX, perfect.
    Anti seize grease inside, no wear marks looks unfired (I know the factory test fires them) but this one has no indication it was fired since the two test rounds.
    I have a rear cover plate brand new, an extended slide stop coming from Chicago, found two boxes of Federal 230 gr FMJ in the bunker, a box of Federal HST 230 gr (+) P, and I have a used set of Trijicons hi vis N/S somewhere in the house I am looking for, and a IWB kydex should be delivered today.
    It fit my paw better than the G-21 gen 4 I rented and shot on my birthday. I could have gotten a Gen 4 Blue Label at $398.20, but wanted a Gen 3 as I have a G-30S, and G-30SF, both of course Gen 3's.
    Now for the fun part...................Even though I have a UPN ID #, I get delayed, so I cant go back till this Thursday probably to take it home. It happened in October when I got a G-17 Gen 4 Blue Label at Jenkins, but not years ago when the Glock-43's came out and I got a Blue Label G-43 at Ft. Liberty in Avon.

I don't know why but it is what it is just like the check engine light camo on yesterday on my 166,666 mi 04 TAURUS, code "POWERTRAIN Multiple cylinder misfires", Oh joy $3000 left on the wife's 14 32,000 mi Honda CRV.
    Is it HELLO PEPBOYS this weekend or Hi Mr. Deeler, where do I sign?
    Who needs X mas $$$.
    But maybe I have a BNG in Big Boy Caliber to protect me from all evil !

Top Bottom