• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm selling the Rami that I've had for a bit and loved (no reason to keep it anymore), and have been looking around to see what CZ had in a hammer polymer, just for fun.
    Recommended to me here: P-07, P-09 and a Phantom.
    I sold 3 guns last weekend and ran across this CZ P-09 right after I did and I bought it this evening off a retired LEO and he lived conveniently close to me.
    New, never shot. I could have bought a P-07 from him also, but decided to go for the bigger frame for fun.
    Feel free to tell me why I should have bought one or the other: I've got time to try out all of them, and maybe learn to just stay with my Shadow 2 and forget anything polymer at the range.
    It will be interesting to see how it does against the Shadow 2 I have that beats everything.
    It is what I love to do.

He did teach me the secret to getting into a CZ box (secret button to push).
    I wondered why it was so hard getting the CZ guns out of their box.

He warned me about changing the backstraps on the grips: first thing I'm going to do is put the large one on, but I need to study it so I don't lose a spring evidently. :dunno:

dv5QAln.jpg

2NeNWyX.jpg

15z_CZP09_L_91620.png

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When I looked up a vid on changing the backstrap, mine doesn't have the lanyard main spring retainer that everyone is showing on their vids: but it is flat.
    Others online have said the same thing.
    Strangely enough, I can't find anything yet about changing the backstrap when you have the main spring flat.
    Some have said they have read where CZ said to have a gunsmith to it?! Now that's a warning!
    Bummer, I wanted to put the large one on to get that CZ 75 feel, but it's getting too late too care.
    If anyone finds a vid on it, post it for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have owned a few of them. All full of CGW's magic. I have one now. It is a great shooter as the others were. You will not be disappointed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had the P09. You'll like it. 19 round mags, sweet Omega trigger, accurate. Had the decocker kit.

1. I don't care so much for the 19 rounds, but love the full size.
    2. Read about the Omega trigger.
    3. Mine has the decocker as well. I have the safety that also comes with and they say takes only 5 minutes to install and prefer it, but the D/A first pull is hard, so it will be fine for safety purposes to just have the decocker.
    4. Do you have the flat of lanyard end of grip where you take the pin out to change the backstrap. Which size do you use?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Mine had the lanyard. It was a first model. Read the reviews and had to get one. Sold it a few months ago. Nothing negative about it, just felt a little fat in the gun department.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have owned a few of them. All full of CGW's magic. I have one now. It is a great shooter as the others were. You will not be disappointed.

1. Actually, CM my friend, when you stated in the CZ thread a couple of weeks ago your recommendation for a CZ polymer with a hammer was this P-09 when I was asking, it got my attention. Thanks for speaking up!
    2. With me, you got to be careful in recommending something b/c I'm listening and I do follow advice.
    3. The only reason I don't take a gun to the Wizard is I would not do that unless I was going to "marry" the gun, and I'm not committed to a particular platform/model yet.
    4. I've sold guns that I thought I'd keep forever (Shield 9, Rami, Glock 26 or S/W 642 for example): all replaced by something that suits me better.
    5. Who knows what the next year will bring?
    6. I'm still grateful for you and others pushing the CZs, and then the Shadow 2: it opened up another whole world to me, of which the P-09 is just another example.
    7. Been reading of you feeling like crap: feel for you. I usually have perfect attendance for the year at school, but I missed 4 days with what was going around: a present from the kids, I'm sure.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Process to change the backstrap should be the same.

I know CGW sells a flat main spring retainer. What’s in the bag with the other backstraps?

1. Ah, my range friend Areoflyer! You should love it when I buy a new toy: you'll get to shoot it next time we get together. :thumbsup:
    2. The bag has the safety included, if a person wants to install it, and the medium and large backstrap, and an allen wrench (too small for pushing the pin out).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Mine had the lanyard. It was a first model. Read the reviews and had to get one. Sold it a few months ago. Nothing negative about it, just felt a little fat in the gun department.

1. The ones with the lanyard on vids look very simple to change out, but the flat ones must be a nightmare!
    2. I love fat in my sport car tires and my gun grips (I'll refrain from any marital anatomy references, but I was tempted).
    3. I won't be happy until I get the large grips on, although I read online where someone improved their groups by going to a smaller backstrap that the large, so I could be all wrong about going with large feeling good.
    4. Always liked the Beretta 92, and the CZs and even some older Rugers and Smiths with wide grips.
    5. Strange, the Shadow 2 doesn't have different size grips, and now I'm curious what size comes standard with it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a 75B I'm married to.

1. That was the first CZ I bought and loved at 36 oz, but when I found the 40.5 oz SP-01, I had to have it.
    2. Then a member (gmcttr) let me shoot his Shadow 2 at 46 oz: the rest is history.
    3. It is Urban Grey, though, and I wish I had the regular blued/black with the blue grips.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Changing to the safety is pretty easy. Changing back to the decocker can be a pain in the butt. That little spring gave me all sorts of fits.

Top Bottom