• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I love my m&p...... but all these guns accepting the 9mm glock mags is forcing my hand.

what are the best 33 round mags for the glock 9mm??

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had a couple ets mags I got with a glock that didnt work worth a crap on their first range trip. They went straight into the range trash can so no one else would have to suffer with them
    I know some like them but I wont try them again

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Thanks didn’t know that glock made the 33 round mags. Almost $50 a mag I hope they work good :n00b:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a few, used a stock Glock 9mm one once in a Glock-26, at the Wilbur Wright state range, its like riding a moped or dating a big mama, a lot of fun until your friends see you doing it.
    I mean why 33 in a Glock-26?!?
    You wont be CC ing that set up!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Always - OEM mags first.

Then take your pick: KCI / ETS. Then, IMO, MagPul (But not for 33 rounders)

I have 1 or 2 MP G17 mags that suck something fierce. But that's OK - because I bought them just for range use / practice.

OEM, and only OEM, for carry.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    While Glock magazines may be best, I have had good luck with SGM Tactical magazines. They are heavily sprung out of the box though. Load them up, put them in the safe for a few days, or longer, and they work fine once the springs break in a little. No issues and half the price.

I have to wonder if the guy who junked the brand new magazines would not have had the same experience.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    While Glock magazines may be best, I have had good luck with SGM Tactical magazines. They are heavily sprung out of the box though. Load them up, put them in the safe for a few days, or longer, and they work fine once the springs break in a little. No issues and half the price.

I have to wonder if the guy who junked the brand new magazines would not have had the same experience.
    Sorry, new to me. I got them in a trade. They had been used prior but were not old either.
    Also modern springs do not break in from only staying compressed. It is the act of compressing and decompressing/ loading & unloading that wears In (wears out) your mag springs. So simply leaving your mags loaded does nothing other than the springs being compressed for the first time.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Factory is the only way to go. Never had a problem even with old weak feeling springs. Just like the pistols they keep working with zero maintenance. Pick them up out of the gravel and reload. Life is good!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definitely agree that sticking with oem is the way to go. That being said i have had absolutely zero issues out of my 15 round magpul mags for my G19 gen 4 or with my KelTec sub2000 that takes Glock mags

drhepner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2018
    Lakeville
    I own a 30 round mags made by Glock, ETS, MagPul, and KCI mags from Korea. All of them work well. If you’re just plinking, the $15 Korean mags are fine. I’ve run them through my pistols and my Ruger PC9 and my KelTec Sub 2000 without any issues. I expected them to feel cheap, but they’re just as beefy as a factory Glock mag.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Definitely agree that sticking with oem is the way to go. That being said i have had absolutely zero issues out of my 15 round magpul mags for my G19 gen 4 or with my KelTec sub2000 that takes Glock mags

For range use they will work perfectly fine. Get a little wet or muddy and they will not work as good as OEM.

Top Bottom