• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Recently caught the Signess bug and traded my Glock 19 for a Sig P320. Very happy with my decision so far.

Thinking about a Christmas pistol for my wife (and me
    cool.gif
    ). I was set on getting the 365, but have been reading many unfavorable reviews of some issues. I have shot a friends 238 before and was amazed at the accuracy and low recoil, which makes me wonder if it would be a better option for my wife (and me
    cool.gif
    ).

It just so happens that a local store has a sale going on and I can get the P238 about $50 cheaper than the P365.

Would be interested in any thoughts or feedback!

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I too have read some of the negative reviews on the P365, but I think the majority of the issues have been addressed in the more recent builds-- maybe since June 2018. I have one of the more recent builds, and I love it. A very accurate shooter for the size, very concealable, and a great feel in the hand for a subcompact. If you like the P320 trigger, I think you'll be pleased with a P365

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The 238 is a single action with a safety, sort of 1911ish. It is a single stack .380 so it only holds 7 or 8 rounds, IIRC. It is significantly smaller than the P365. I often carry the 9mm version which is just a hair bigger, the 938, on Sundays to church where I don't want to be noticed carrying.
    The 365 is a striker fired pistol like the 320. It holds 10-12 rounds. I would not hesitate to buy a new one as most of the major issues all seem to have been resolved at this point.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    Safety on 238 can be tougher to disengage under stress unless you train with it. Will she practice with it? But really hard to beat the size

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you like the trigger on your Sig P320, you'll like the trigger on the Sig P365. I own both. I have over 1,300 rounds through my P 365 without issue. I think, based on the size, weight, caliber, action type, no safety and capacity, it would suit you better than the Sig 238, but I have no experience with the latter. Like Expat says, I think the problems have been addressed. My Sig P 365 was manufactured on May 21, 2018. My previous EDC's have mostly been various S&W revolvers. My last EDC was a Kahr CM9. I never thought I'd find a semi-auto pistol with a nicer trigger than that on the Kahr. I was wrong!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IMO, comparing these 2 guns is like comparing apples to eggs. Yes - they're both guns (made by Sig) - but that's where it stops.

PERSONALLY - a sweet shooting (despite being small) striker-fired 13-round capable 9mm beats the stink off of a small single-action single-stack .380 every. single. time. and twice on Sundays.

And unless one is INTIMATELY familiar with the under-duress actions of a single-action firearm, even thinking about carrying one for self defense is foolish.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have all three and there a significant difference between a SAO and a striker fired gun that make the comparison a challenge. Safety - no Safety. Small v. Really Small. Condition 1 carry v. Striker. Capacity v. less capacity.

The P365 is just tough to beat. I have over a 1000 rounds in mine with not a single issue.

I would buy both and see which ones she shoots the best and is the most comfortable with in shooting and method of concealment.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    P365.
    A good concealable pistol that with the 12 round magazine, is virtually the same size and weight as a S&W 9mm Shield.
    I can walk around in a pair of gym shorts with a P365 in my pocket and I've yet to have anybody notice it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    365 all the way on that decision. 10 round flush mags, or 12 round extended mags. Modularity to allow using an XL grip module to be the same exact size as the 365 module with the 12 round mag inserted, if you prefer. If you shoot one before you buy definitely shoot it with both the 10 round and 12 round mags. The 365 just shoots like a much bigger gun than it is, compared to many in it's class.

If you decide you want a more textured grip you can easily swap out the 365 grip module for one that has more texture and not impact the serial numbered firearm part of the gun. The 365 also comes with xray night sights, etc.

Also, on a separate note: if you have not checked out Wilson Combat grip modules for your 320, you should. I've got them on my 320 X-Compacts and love them.

Top Bottom