• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My SIL father from Kentucky carried a S&W Bodyguard .380 with a laser in the Commonwealth for years.
    Last month, I had taken out a Glock-42 for a range date, but could not make it, so the G-42 was in my range bag.
    We were talking "GUNZ" at our grandsons sixth birthday at some jumpy place behind Ft. Liberty in Avon, and I took him over to look at the guns they had there.
    Finally he said he would try a G-42 out as the S&W had a bad trigger pull in his opinion.
    Fast forward two weeks and he texted me he is the new owner of a brand new G-42.
    He took the S&W Bodyguard to the range he got it from, when he tried out the G-42.
    He saw the new G-42 was listed at $499 + tax, he asked how much he would get on the old S&W he got there new two years ago.
    $250 they said, he asked if they would take it and $200 cash out the door and surprisingly they did.
    Glock converts, I like it.:ingo:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I had a similar experience with my daughter and son in law. While visiting last summer I took the to the range in Greenwood. We shot various guns but she feel in ml love with my 19. So as soon as she completes her firearms class I'll gift it to her.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I have always been a 1911 Colt fan. When I became a trip officer at RCF we carried Glock 17s. I was a bit skeptical at first about using a polymer frame sidearm. I qualified every year with that Glock. It ate everything that was put in it without a hiccup of any kind. Made a believer out of me.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Picked up a Glock 42 off the classifieds here not long ago - was reliable with with 50 rounds of Remington 95 FMJ , 20 rounds of Aguila 95 FMJ and a mag full of Hornady 90XTP. When I tried Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds. I had really hoped to use the G42 as a carry gun but when it has issues with FMJ factory ammo it is range gun for now.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Picked up a Glock 42 off the classifieds here not long ago - was reliable with with 50 rounds of Remington 95 FMJ , 20 rounds of Aguila 95 FMJ and a mag full of Hornady 90XTP. When I tried Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds. I had really hoped to use the G42 as a carry gun but when it has issues with FMJ factory ammo it is range gun for now.
    I carried a 42 as a last resort, I'm just making a quick trip gun. Recently replaced it with a sig p365. But I still have my glock 43.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've never had a Glock failure. They have a different grip angle that may help it feed better. I'm used to them. Not a lot of Glock love here but they are reliable.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Think I got my brother in-law. He was up from Kentucky visiting. I stuck a serpa holster in his britches along with a G17 and set a full ammo can at his feet.

Couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he punished the steel targets. He apologized for shooting up a lot of my ammo.

My wife has also seen the light and is now packing one.

I myself converted years ago and Glock is all I own and shoot now.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Have to say that I owned a Glock for a few years. They are reliable and relatively accurate for what they are, but they are now such an old design. I've switched to Sig P320 Compact and P 365. The Sigs are far superior in many ways.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    My first gun was a 1911 instead of a Glock because I hated shooting friend's Glock. But since I bought one for me I have come to see how great they are. Can't beat the reliability for the price. But I do want to start getting back to the all metal guns

Top Bottom