Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Glock a friend out

My SIL father from Kentucky carried a S&W Bodyguard .380 with a laser in the Commonwealth for years.
    Last month, I had taken out a Glock-42 for a range date, but could not make it, so the G-42 was in my range bag.
    We were talking "GUNZ" at our grandsons sixth birthday at some jumpy place behind Ft. Liberty in Avon, and I took him over to look at the guns they had there.
    Finally he said he would try a G-42 out as the S&W had a bad trigger pull in his opinion.
    Fast forward two weeks and he texted me he is the new owner of a brand new G-42.
    He took the S&W Bodyguard to the range he got it from, when he tried out the G-42.
    He saw the new G-42 was listed at $499 + tax, he asked how much he would get on the old S&W he got there new two years ago.
    $250 they said, he asked if they would take it and $200 cash out the door and surprisingly they did.
    Glock converts, I like it.

User Info Menu

I had a similar experience with my daughter and son in law. While visiting last summer I took the to the range in Greenwood. We shot various guns but she feel in ml love with my 19. So as soon as she completes her firearms class I'll gift it to her.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have always been a 1911 Colt fan. When I became a trip officer at RCF we carried Glock 17s. I was a bit skeptical at first about using a polymer frame sidearm. I qualified every year with that Glock. It ate everything that was put in it without a hiccup of any kind. Made a believer out of me.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Picked up a Glock 42 off the classifieds here not long ago - was reliable with with 50 rounds of Remington 95 FMJ , 20 rounds of Aguila 95 FMJ and a mag full of Hornady 90XTP. When I tried Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds. I had really hoped to use the G42 as a carry gun but when it has issues with FMJ factory ammo it is range gun for now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 700 LTR 223 View Post
    Picked up a Glock 42 off the classifieds here not long ago - was reliable with with 50 rounds of Remington 95 FMJ , 20 rounds of Aguila 95 FMJ and a mag full of Hornady 90XTP. When I tried Federal 95 FMJ I had 3 malfunctions in 10 rounds. I had really hoped to use the G42 as a carry gun but when it has issues with FMJ factory ammo it is range gun for now.
    I carried a 42 as a last resort, I'm just making a quick trip gun. Recently replaced it with a sig p365. But I still have my glock 43.

User Info Menu

I've never had a Glock failure. They have a different grip angle that may help it feed better. I'm used to them. Not a lot of Glock love here but they are reliable.

User Info Menu

Good for him.
    Maybe in a few more years he could upgrade from his Glock to a Sig Sauer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Think I got my brother in-law. He was up from Kentucky visiting. I stuck a serpa holster in his britches along with a G17 and set a full ammo can at his feet.

Couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he punished the steel targets. He apologized for shooting up a lot of my ammo.

My wife has also seen the light and is now packing one.

I myself converted years ago and Glock is all I own and shoot now.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I just got my P365, so much better than the G43, for me anyway.

User Info Menu

Have to say that I owned a Glock for a few years. They are reliable and relatively accurate for what they are, but they are now such an old design. I've switched to Sig P320 Compact and P 365. The Sigs are far superior in many ways.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast