• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I recently purchased a Glock 19X and absolutely LOVE it. I have ran about 1,000 rounds through it. I am holding really tight groups with it but for some reason it is shooting 3 inches low. I figured maybe it was my trigger pull, so I had 2 other members at the gun range who own Glocks shoot it. It shot 3 inches low for both of them. Since the sights are fixed, how to I adjust the front sight? It is my carry gun so i don’t want adjustable rear sights.
    Does anyone make a lower tritium front night sight or any other fix?

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Having not taken the time to look it up. This is similar to a situation a buddy of mine had with an HK Mark23 he got. With our normal Ammo it was low, no matter who shot it. Turns out it was made to shoot at zero with a +P rated at a different weight bullet. He bought some of the recommended and confirmed zero was all ok.
    —-just food for thought as it seems similar on a .gov version pistol—-

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What sight hold are you using?

attachment.php

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have read on Glock Talk and a few other places that some of the Gen 5's, the 19x included have come with different height rear sights (some with 6.1mm and some with 6.5mm?). However, I'd think if you are shooting combat hold it would either be right on or high depending on which sight came on your gun, rather than shooting low. But some others may be able to speak to this.

GlockTalk has a bunch of threads about these shooting low and the sight heights, etc you might check out.

You can purchase fixed sights with different heights if needed ... might check this out https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/ Again, alot of folks here who are probably more adept at getting into exactly what you need to do from a sight height perspective.

Yankee Zulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Monroe Co
    The factory setup requires "combat" aim. It is fine for steel and silhouette but not so much for paper bullseye. To be able to aim lower and see the hits, use a taller Glock rear sight (+1 or +2) or an adjustable rear sight (comes standard with the long slide models)

Top Bottom