• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I guess I should first start by making sure everyone has seen this: https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

My PPS M2 was in the affected S/N range. So I'm already mad, because I don't like having to send it back in, but I also really don't like that I've been carrying a pistol for more than a year that could have fired without anything touching the trigger.

Turn-around on the repair was surprisingly timely; it was less than three weeks from when I sent it until I got it back.

When I opened the case, I found that they had shipped it back to me with a chamber flag in the pistol. The flag had ripped the foam lining of the case.
    View attachment 72809

I called to complain, not expecting that they would do anything about it for me but that perhaps they would consider not putting a sharp plastic piece digging into the foam in the future. Their customer service guy responded with incredulity, basically calling me a liar. He said to me "I don't believe the chamber flag could hurt the foam" and that they've shipped over 7,000 of these pistols this way with no damage reported.

I don't use the plastic case for anything except traveling to a range (which is only for classes; I shoot at home). It's not a big deal. Had I been busy when I first noticed it, I probably would have moved on and not worried about it ever again.

The recall is a frustration that I will soon get over. Being called a liar by a customer service representative is one that I probably won't. I guess I just shouldn't have called.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was a recall on them. Checked my # and yep, it's on the list. Crap.

I've been carrying this for several years, never had a problem. I'm gonna have to send it in, I won't carry one that's under recall.

I went through this crap with Springfield and the XDS years ago. Because of their ****ery I'll never own another Springfield again. I really hope Walther handles it better than they did. There's a show in Richmond this weekend, looks like it's time to pick up a Shield 2.0 and/or a M&P 2.0 compact.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Has anyone heard what is causing the issue requiring a recall. Walther has been making the PPS for years with no problems. The M1 and M2 differ cosmetically but look the same inside. There is a firing pin block and trigger dingus ala Glock, so I can’t figure out how they could fail being dropped.

Not sure about the foam. The only time I have dealt with Walther customer service was years ago and it was fine.

I have sold several PPS M2 to friends on my recommendation. All guns have worked flawlessly. The problem with shipping the gun back UPS is that we do not have any place to take the package for pickup. With the holidays out UPS route is unpredictable. Also, I think the shipping tag is marked a specific way which requires a person to take it to a hub. Shipping stuff in Seymour is dang near impossible.

I am waiting for the M&P 2.0 recall. :): Seriously the lesson here is to own two guns.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I just sent this email to the address listed on the recall page. I'll post their reply when/if I get one. Either way, I won't be sending it back in until after the first of the year. Too much shipping traffic to trust sending it right now.

I just found out that my PPS M2 is one of those under recall. Having
    been through this before with the Springfield XDs I have a few questions
    that I need answered.

1. What is the exact problem with the gun and what's causing it?

2. Is there an actual fix in place right now. During the XDs recall
    they had us send our guns in for repair before they actually had a fix
    in place. I will not send my firearm in until there is a known and
    implemented fix.

3. If there is a fix in place, what is it? What will be replaced?
    Will it have any effect on the way the gun preforms (changing trigger
    pull, etc)?

4. How is shipping to be handled and what is the actual turnaround time
    for the repairs?

Springfield lied to it's customers since the first day of the recall and
    throughout the entire process. I will never own another Springfield
    product again due to the way the company acted. I WILL NOT go through
    that again. I will not send my firearm in until I have answers to the
    above questions.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Never even thought to ask what the issue was but I sent my PPS in to Walther on 12/03 and it was delivered this past Thursday 12/13. Pretty quick turnaround and all the packing list shows is gunsmith labor covered by warranty.

Recalls happen - the companies that are transparent, own it, and make it right are the ones that truly “get it”.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Here's the main thread on the recall from the Walther forum.
    https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/113564-walther-pps-m2-recall.html

There are a few that claim they KNOW what's being replaced, but won't say how they know. I think I might put a small drop of paint on each part and see what comes back different before I send mine in. Walther seems to want to keep the information quiet as to what's being done to them. Overall, it seems like they are doing a good job though, much better than Springfield did.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I sent 2 in for the recall, on or about Dec 1. Had them both back Dec 14.

Regarding the OPs issue, I found the same problem with 1 of mine. The other was the LE version, and it lays in the case the opposite way, so the chamber and chamber flag were pointing up. No issues with the foam on that one.

Top Bottom