• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Glocks made those for a while now. Just for certain countries though.

Caminolli has been selling them here in the states. Most Glock Fan Boys say it voids the warranty but I know of Glock Armorers that will install them and they say its just fine. But I'm sure the word "Blasphemy" will show up shortly. :rolleyes:

MeWrWLP.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was asked to repair a 19 that went into "burst" mode occasionally. It had one of these (caminiolli) safeties installed and I wasn't impressed with it. Pain in the butt to reassemble and IMHO an answer to a question no one in their right mind would ask.
    "on the target on the trigger, off the target off the trigger". Flawless logic and works every time.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was asked to repair a 19 that went into "burst" mode occasionally. It had one of these (caminiolli) safeties installed and I wasn't impressed with it. Pain in the butt to reassemble and IMHO an answer to a question no one in their right mind would ask.
    "on the target on the trigger, off the target off the trigger". Flawless logic and works every time.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

So did you find the problem?
    Was it because of the safety? (I can't think of how it would be) :dunno:

Let me guess - he had or did a trigger job and went file happy.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Blasphemous abomination if I ever saw it!
    I've only been an armorer since '88 so I am still kind of a newbie!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Glocks made those for a while now. Just for certain countries though.

Caminolli has been selling them here in the states. Most Glock Fan Boys say it voids the warranty but I know of Glock Armorers that will install them and they say its just fine. But I'm sure the word "Blasphemy" will show up shortly. :rolleyes:

MeWrWLP.jpg

The factory safety. It did exist 5 years ago. I haven't even seen a picture.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I assumed, not seeing a picture or having any other information, it was a holstering safety. Now that I see it, I could see it working well on a Glock 43 for a good conceil weapon. I always liked the 43 except the Glocks trigger is always hot, limiting conceil options.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have the Caminolli safety on my G17 and G26.
    I mainly use it when transferring from one holster position to another. And storing it to the car safe when going into actual legal GFZs.

My initial reason for getting them was I have carried and trained with my 1911s for so long and I'm so use to that thumb safety. Yes I can train out of it. Mainly the way I switch holsters around was why I did it. Plus I hate Glocks anyway so I didn't have any problems seeing them butchered up.
    The looks I've gotten from fanboys are priceless. :):

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have the Caminolli safety on my G17 and G26.
    I mainly use it when transferring from one holster position to another. And storing it to the car safe when going into actual legal GFZs.

My initial reason for getting them was I have carried and trained with my 1911s for so long and I'm so use to that thumb safety. Yes I can train out of it. Mainly the way I switch holsters around was why I did it. Plus I hate Glocks anyway so I didn't have any problems seeing them butchered up.
    The looks I've gotten from fanboys are priceless. :):

You're saying you hate Glocks, but....
    I'm getting into 1911's. I should hate Glocks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So did you find the problem?
    Was it because of the safety? (I can't think of how it would be) :dunno:

Let me guess - he had or did a trigger job and went file happy.

Not a safety problem.. too much dremel work on the striker:dunno:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

Top Bottom