• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So I’ve noticed a lot of people glorifying the glock 43 but also carrying it with a +2 mag extension.

I’m just curious as of the use case or logic behind this. The +2 base makes it just as tall as a glock 19 and much more likely to print.

It’s thinner and lighter. I’m guessing those are your selling points. I just couldn’t see myself carrying a gun with a similar footprint with less capacity.

For the record, I have a 42 with magguts making it 7+1 but retaining the small footprint and a flat magazine base plate that I carry when I want the least detectable piece, otherwise G19.

I’m genuinely curious.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry a +1 in the gun on the belt that isn't much bigger than stock. My (always have) backup mags are +2's or 12 round ETS's.

That said, The G43 is pretty much reserved for deep cover, a rare need for me. G19 is the everyday all day gun. Capacity is important.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I wish Glock would make a single stack 19. Same dimensions as the standard 19, thickness of the 43. It's be thin & light, plus have full size handling and decent capacity. Most people are fine with a standard 19 or M&P IWB. I have diverticulitis and things like that hurt sometimes. I'm doing good when I can carry my PPS IWB. I mostly do OWB for everything now. Small & light are important to me, it can hurt if the gun is heavy or bulky and I have to crank the belt down. I also don't want to go too small, I don't care for pocket guns. A full size single stack G19 or M&P would be perfect.

The 43 with the extended base pads would be close, not really what I'm looking for, but may be just what others are seeking.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The 43 just fits some peoples hands better than a 19. My wife is the prime example of that.

For me if I carry a 43 I'll use a +2 as a backup mag only.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    1 pound versus 1.25 pounds, with a thinner profile. For me, it's about deep concealment as well...kind of hard to put a 19 on your ankle and people not notice ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I carry the Glock 17L+3 and Glock 26+3 back-up. Pearce extensions are great.
    That's 20+1 and 13+1 and however many 20rd mags I can fit. I don't normally care about printing but when I do, you still can't tell. Both guns can be IWB and/or OWB. The 26 makes a nice ankle gun too.

I never understood those single stacked guns. Sure their thin but for less than 1/2 an inch you can more than double your capacity. So...:dunno:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    The thinness makes all the difference in the world. Especially depending on how you carry. My extensions don’t make my 43 anywhere near the size of my 19. Odds are you’ll never see a mag change needed on the off chance you even find yourself in a gunfight to begin with. I could see the argument for the shootability aspect of it if you can’t shoot smaller guns well but capacity is kind of a moot point IMO.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Some people just prefer the comfort of carrying a small single stack pistol. Nothing wrong with that. And if I did the same, I would want the extended magazine. Extra bullets is a good thing.

I’m not one of those people, I’ve been carrying my Glock 17.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not a G**** owner but I carry an XDs. It has a flush fit 7 rd mag and factory 8 and 9 rounders too. I prefer carrying it OWB, with the 9 rd mag, which makes it a full size grip. Keeping it out of sight with the right clothes is pretty easy. When I need a little more concealabilty, the 7 rd goes in with a IWB holster.

It's about having the same pistol but adjusting the size for my needs at the time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's all in what you want to be prepared for.

Will your tiny gun do the job at distance against a couple of nothing to lose threats shooting standard capacity guns at you and yours? Maybe against a long gun active shooter?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's all in what you want to be prepared for.

Will your tiny gun do the job at distance against a couple of nothing to lose threats shooting standard capacity guns? Maybe against a long gun active shooter?

I have seen you shoot. I’m sure you could do it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Will your tiny gun do the job at distance against a couple of nothing to lose threats shooting standard capacity guns at you and yours?

Two shooters? Yeah...you're probably ****ed if they are even halfway decent shots, no matter what you are carrying. :):

Still, this is why I like my pocket gun to hold 13 rounds of HST with 12 more rounds in the other pocket.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So I’ve noticed a lot of people glorifying the glock 43 but also carrying it with a +2 mag extension.
    I’m just curious as of the use case or logic behind this. The +2 base makes it just as tall as a glock 19 and much more likely to print.
    It’s thinner and lighter. I’m guessing those are your selling points. I just couldn’t see myself carrying a gun with a similar footprint with less capacity.
    For the record, I have a 42 with magguts making it 7+1 but retaining the small footprint and a flat magazine base plate that I carry when I want the least detectable piece, otherwise G19.
    I’m genuinely curious.

1. I used to carry very small: Beretta tip up barrel in .25 or .32 and also some .380s that I loved.
    2. As they made the 9mm so small I gravitated toward them and got rid of every caliber under 9mm (even my beloved SW 22 magnum revolver).
    3. I have had the Glock 42 (loved it), G43 (hated it), G26 (loved it), CZ Rami (my dream gun for awhile), and, of course, the Shield 9 (gun I kept the longest b/c of its "perfection" for me.
    4. Sold them all eventually (Rami just yesterday), when I bought the Sig 365.
    5. Accuracy in my hand was better than anything else (12 round mag a must, but love 10 round mag when necessity dictates) and I still cannot believe the size/weight of it. My best friend in the world is visiting for a couple of days, and his CC is a Kahr CW9, but when I showed him the 365, he really liked it, and that was with the pinky extension (can't find the 12 round mag I bought :wallbash: ).
    6. I just wish it had a safety (not trying to start a fight, I'm just old).

Top Bottom