Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PSA AKV 9mm

User Info Menu

PSA AKV 9mm

Range only or serious self defense tool?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450169.html
    Last edited by venenoindy; 12-15-2018 at 22:25.

User Info Menu

Looks sharp. How much? No price out of stock.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nate77 View Post
    Looks sharp. How much? No price out of stock.
    Somewhere around $780.00

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by venenoindy View Post
    Somewhere around $780.00
    If indeed it is as reliable as the promo videos say, they may get me at that price point. I like the choice they made of mag compatability with the Evo1. Interesting they went with a weighted bolt carrier instead of a buffer/spacer like the Pak9 or Draco Nak9.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Living in the E-File Poorhouse Yamadog35's Avatar

User Info Menu

Sorry I missed this thread. I was able to get one of what appears to be a small number of these released back on Dec 7. Mine is the MOE version. I picked it up on Friday and was able to shoot it Monday. Mine was flawless through about 225 rounds. I shot it mostly suppressed with an Obsidian 9 in short config and an Octane 45. It's somewhat gassy as would be expected for a blowback, but my 9mm AR is worse. I don't own a Scorpion so I can't compare to that. It's a fun little gun. Definitely a keeper. Time will tell if it's a serious gun or a range toy. That's an aluminum magwell and it has last round bolt hold open. FYI - this model was $729 (free shipping). The classic version was supposed to be $699 and the railed version $799. It didn't appear that either of the other two were released that day or since.

With the Obsidian 9

It has a nice big paddle release and mags insert and come out quite easily, but are very solid when inserted. That button on the side of the magwell is the bolt hold open. You can slide it up to manually lock the bolt back or slide down when locked to release.
    Last edited by Yamadog35; 12-19-2018 at 23:22.

User Info Menu

Like anything else I'd ever want from PSA, it's "Temporarily Out Of Stock".
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

User Info Menu

Rob Ski has one he is going to test. I hope it does well. Looks like a fun little deal

User Info Menu

Yamadog: Thanks for the pics and the reviews!!

What's the barrel threading on them? 1/2x28, I hope?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Yes, 1/2-28. My two direct thread cans went right on.

User Info Menu

Yikes. Someone had one blow up on them. Certainly no problem like that for me, but I'm going to do some closer inspection. MAC also posted on Instagram that his was experiencing hammer follow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast