• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Im looking for owb kydex. Ideally I’d like something comfortable, drop offset, and modular. Has to fit a glock with light, raised sights, and rmr. What I mean by modular is I’d like to be able to remove it without taking off my belt, so likely paddle.

I’ve been looking at this and like this setup a lot but it’s attached by belt loops. They have a paddle attachment that I think works with it. Not sure if I’d use the leg strap but I like having the option.

https://www.daraholsters.com/light-bearing-drop-off-set-action-sport-holster/

Any suggestions? Safariland has some stuff but I’m not paying $200+ for a holster.

Thanks

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    A few things first if you go to a Indy 1500 you can most likely get a holster made to your specs. Second while the Dara looks good it is a little too Mall Ninja for me. Third I live by the principle of buy once cry once.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    A few things first if you go to a Indy 1500 you can most likely get a holster made to your specs. Second while the Dara looks good it is a little too Mall Ninja for me. Third I live by the principle of buy once cry once.

Mall ninja? Explain lol

I believe it’s actually a competition holster.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Mall ninja? Explain lol

I believe it’s actually a competition holster.

I'll let you google Mall ninja and discover for yourself.

If the holster in question is meant for competition then the drop leg with leg strap makes sense.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have had good experience with Blade-tech as well. I also have a couple of Safariland holsters that I like a lot.

I just ordered a Red Hill Tactical double-layer Kydex holster that has been getting some great reviews. Hasn't arrived yet (30-day lead times).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've almost converted everything I have to the G-Tech RTI system. I'm wearing an RTI belt slide right now on my work dress pants but my gun/holster is locked away somewhere else. :shady:

I don't need to remove the gun from it's holster when I "un gun". Safer imo.

I have multiple RTI belt slides for work pants, jeans, web gear, etc. I can pick any gun/holster combo I want and click it onto any of my pants, pack, battle belt or body armor in seconds. They make universal adapters that fit Safariland holsters as well as their own.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Blackhawk Serpa light bearing would be my first stop, Plenty of others but quality comes with a price. Maybe Raven Concealment, Hailey Strategic, T Rex Arms???????

I got away from all that jazz and use a Sticky holster now. Life is good!

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I've almost converted everything I have to the G-Tech RTI system. I'm wearing an RTI belt slide right now on my work dress pants but my gun/holster is locked away somewhere else. :shady:

I don't need to remove the gun from it's holster when I "un gun". Safer imo.

I have multiple RTI belt slides for work pants, jeans, web gear, etc. I can pick any gun/holster combo I want and click it onto any of my pants, pack, battle belt or body armor in seconds. They make universal adapters that fit Safariland holsters as well as their own.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/

x2

I have a SOC and XST holster. Both very good quality.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Eclipse holsters (brand) for simple kydex owb that rides high and tight for easy pull over concealment and all day comfort. They make to order so color and options such as light or rmr are all up to you. They have excellent passive retention, it's not coming out when you do a cartwheel at the wedding reception or if someone pulls off center. I've been through probably 15 different owb holsters to find "the one" and these are as close as I've come. For competition drop holsters I'm firmly in the redhill tactical camp.

Z1lbLT6.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Im looking for owb kydex. Ideally I’d like something comfortable, drop offset, and modular. Has to fit a glock with light, raised sights, and rmr. What I mean by modular is I’d like to be able to remove it without taking off my belt, so likely paddle.

I’ve been looking at this and like this setup a lot but it’s attached by belt loops. They have a paddle attachment that I think works with it. Not sure if I’d use the leg strap but I like having the option.

Any suggestions? Safariland has some stuff but I’m not paying $200+ for a holster.

Thanks

Quoting the OP.

Paddles suck imo. I've never had one be comfortable. Blackhawk makes a belt slide removable holster system but it sticks out away from the body pretty far.

I still think you can find everything you need/want with SOC RTI G-Code. Add the belt slide and SOC light cowling and /done.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have had good experience with Blade-tech as well. I also have a couple of Safariland holsters that I like a lot.

I just ordered a Red Hill Tactical double-layer Kydex holster that has been getting some great reviews. Hasn't arrived yet (30-day lead times).

I second red hill tactical. They are great holsters and there mag pouches are first class also.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I second red hill tactical. They are great holsters and there mag pouches are first class also.

So funny, I was just going to post that I got my RHT holster yesterday. All I can say is "wow". Double-layer Kydex, beautiful craftsmanship, perfect fit. It way exceed expectations. I hated the 30-day wait time, but now that it is here, it was well worth it.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I used to like Red Hill until the last one I purchased for a USP 9. Got it after the normal extended wait and it didn't fit properly. Every time the pistol was inserted the holster cocked the pistol outward enough to force the slide out of battery. Took pics, contacted them and sent it back. Then it showed up after another extended period of time "fixed". It fit but still moved the pistol outward slightly. Ended up using a heat gun to remold the thing and now it fits properly. Should have done that when I first received it but figured they'd correct their issue. Live and learn.

Mike

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Thanks

Highlighted parts do not go together for me. OWB should be leather. the only kydex I have is IWB and its half leather for a G43.

Top Bottom