• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I have a few older Sigs and like them a lot.

I've been looking to pick up a few more and I keep running across folks saying how Sig isn't what it once was.

I know about Cohen and all of that but specifically what are the problems folks are seeing? Specific guns?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have a SIG 250 9mm that was my EDC for several years then one day at the range I experienced several FTF’s like every other round.
    Returned to SIG and repaired the weak trigger spring it has since been relegated to “truck gun” duty.

Not a handgun but I received a SIG M400 enhanced as a retirement present functioned flawlessly for 3,500 rounds or so then s&(*the bed in front of about 20 or so INGO members during a class!

So my faith in SIG is shaken this is unfortunate since I receive a discount on SIG products. Lucky for me I also get the discount on S&W, DW ect.
    I would be hesitant to drop cash on a SIG !

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have had two sigs, one a 226 in 357 sig and now have a 320rx, I have never had an issue with either, but I also haven't put anywhere near 3500 rounds in either of them like Brad69 has.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have a few SIGs, all bought within the last 4-5 years. All run flawlessly. Seriously. Just my 2 cents. My P226 has around 20K rounds through her at this point.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The only bad mouthing about Sig i have ever heard was about the Mosquito when it came out. It had failure to cycle when new if you didn't use CCI Mini Mag or such...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have never been a fan. Think they look funky. Tried a P938 and promptly sold it. At least I tried.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Carried a 938 for a couple years with no problems, now own three Legions 229,226 SAO and just picked up the 220 Carry Legion and love them! But I also love all my Glocks so there you go!psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had a Sig P226 Legion SAO for about a year and it was fantastic. Never had a single issue with it, after sending probably ~3-5k down it. Bought my wife a special P938 (rare model) and it had an issue where it would drop the mag after a round or two. Went back to Sig and the returned gun functions fine. Also bought my wife a P320c and it's under recall. I had two different older model P229's in .40 with an extra .357 Sig barrel and both ran fantastic. This weekend I'll be picking up a P365. I'm hoping I win the Sig lottery and don't have to send it back for work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have never been a fan. Think they look funky. Tried a P938 and promptly sold it. At least I tried.

I am not a fan either. Just never was fond of the look/designs Etc.
    No real knock on the guns except what they "Call" a 1911 but that is just me.
    I m aware of some issues with the newer models as related to threads here in the forum.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think their classic guns like the 226 and 229 are good to go, their newer stuff give me pause the only reason I still have a P365 is bescuase I have shot it past the point of most commonly experienced malfunctions so I am sure my pistol is GTG.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    There was a span of a few years when Cohen had just taken over but now I see nothing or here much of anything bad about Sig quality except some teething problems with the P365, but believe those will all be worked out if they haven't already. I expect I'll own a P365 one day.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm echoing the posts on the 365. Some are good, some sig suggests a break in period, with fmj I think. I've heard a good cleaning and oiling helps. They might be shipped tight and dry so could be used error.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've yet to witness a P226, P228, P229, or P225 in 9mm that didn't work well.I have no experience with the P250 or the 2022 or any of their 1911-ish guns.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Some people like to complain.

Yeah, we all have our favorites I suppose, and somehow root for them over other brands.

I can say that SIG is not the only brand that has experienced issues over the years, it is becoming more and more common with every manufacturer in pretty much every industry as the corporate CEOs try to wrangle out every last cent of profit to please the shareholders.

When sales are down or flat, you still need to show a profit increase, and the only way to do that is to cut costs. They have gotten to the point where I call it "shaving the edges off of pennies", and it is unsustainable for sure.

Companies like SIG seem like they have more problems because they have so many guns and are so large, but other companies have had issues/recalls as well: S&W, Ruger, and even (gasp!) Glock.

The good news is that SIG will always make it right if there is an issue.

Top Bottom