• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcamp0517

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2018
    Lebanon
    Okay, so I've switched up my edc from a Glock 21 to a Springfield xde9mm. I actually like it fits my hand better . What's everyone's thoughts on it ?

Dcamp0517

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2018
    Lebanon
    It's nice imo. I like the safety/decocker, slides smooth trigger seems legit for a factory one . Sights on the Springfields are easy to get used to granted I haven't found a holster to fit my tac light but all in all I really like it

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When switching action types, make sure you get plenty (a couple hundred rounds at least) of practice with it so you can get used to the DA/SA trigger. Going from a striker fired to a DA/SA, some people will tend to put the second round in the dirt due to expecting a longer trigger pull. Practice, practice and practice some more.

Also get your self a good gun belt when you get the holster. It makes a world of difference in carrying. I prefer a Daltech Force Super BioBelt. Made in Indiana and it will last a very long time.

Welcome to INGO.

Dcamp0517

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2018
    Lebanon
    Thanks abunch! . I've already put 300 down range got another 300 waiting . I'm far more comfortable with da/sa. Bought that g21 for capacity ended up being uncomfortable to hold . And it is in fact time for a new belt

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Since I'm an ol' :fogey: still running SA/DA/Decockers, I picked one up when they came out. Have not had a single failure. Factory loads, hand loads, all good so far. Probably 500+ rnds so far.

:yesway:.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have had mine since it they first came and and love it. I shot an IPDA match last year without any issues and it has been shot in the back yard a ton.

The only thing I noticed is that a couple of times when chambering a Hornady Critical Defense it seemed to want to hang up on the round. I have since switched to 147 Gran Federal HST's and never had that issue again. I have seen people with the XDS have that issue as well. Despite not being a tiny gun it is much easier for me to conceal than my XDM was.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    I got one to carry. Was looking for DA/SA/Decocker pistol and was torn between that and Bersa Thunder. Went with the XDE. Love the sights, the DA trigger, the way it handles. SA trigger is pretty mushy, but doesn't affect the accuracy. Really nice overall accuracy. Yeah, I'm happy with it.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks abunch! . I've already put 300 down range got another 300 waiting . I'm far more comfortable with da/sa. Bought that g21 for capacity ended up being uncomfortable to hold . And it is in fact time for a new belt

Blue Alpha belt should get you going in the right direction.

https://www.bluealphagear.com/product/cobra-edc-belt/

The Springer is my carry also...9mm XD SC mod 2 in FDE - terrific choice.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I would like to handle a P225 (which I know will be a boat anchor just like my P226) or a P239, but as is I have an XD-E and will probably pick up either the XD-E 3.8 or 4.5 which I am oh so quite excited about.

I have a Galloway precision +1 baseplate that gives me a 10rd magazine. It would be better if someone made extra power mag springs though..

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom