Freedom Ordnance FX-9 PCC - Problem and Solution - Customer Service?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have to relate to all my OUTSTANDING customer service with a Chandler, Indiana company.

I recently picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 from a fellow INGO’er. Gun ran like a top, was accurate and a blast to shoot with the exception of a couple FTE issues which started several hundred rounds into use.

Figured I would contact Freedom Ordnance and buy some parts for a fix. My experience with customer service and warranty claims is generally not positive and I was more than happy to pay and replace, as needed. My recent experience with Freedom Ordnance, conversely, stands out as the best customer service experience I have ever had.

If you are looking for a budget friendly PCC, you must check out: https://freedomordnance.com/

Below is the timeline. They provided prompt and regular updates and had the part in their possession for maybe four days and that INCLUDED Christmas. Plus, who takes the time to send a video on a minor issue like this?

Day 1: Had this odd FTE and noticed the extractor did not have proper spring tension. Spring wasn’t broke or worn. Something was “not right”.

Day 2: Emailed Freedom Ordnance with a description of the issue and requesting a replacement part.

Day 3: Received a reply with a shipping label to send the bolt assembly back.

Day 6 : Bolt assembly shipped.

Day 8: Received email stating they had received the bolt and would check it over.

Day 9: Christmas

Day 11: Received an email indicting they had found a tolerance issue, corrected it and was returning the repaired bolt assembly along with a new hammer. They also sent a video of the bolt functioning properly in a test gun with identifying information.

Day 13: Received repaired part and new hammer.

I have not ran the part yet but the extractor function is now what you would expect and I fully expect the firearm to function 100%.

:rockwoot::ar15::rockwoot:

timthumb.php

Last edited:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I got mine the first Saturday that they came out. It would double tap which is very,very cool but not right. I e mailed them they sent a return label. I could not send for a couple of days during that time they e- mailed me asking if everything was ok with me they did not receive my fx. I sent it back on Monday and got it back on the next Wednesday.
    There customer service is outstanding. They also sent me a firing pin spring out of the clear blue with a hand written note saying thank you for buying there FX-9.
    I have a kel tec, CZ scorpion Evo and my freedom arms FX-9. I will always have the FX-9 it just runs great and the cool factor is off the charts.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    where do i start, i was at the range one nite with a few friends, and we were talking about class 3 stuff, when a guy in a ford ranger stops, get's out and asks if we wanted to shoot his sub gun, he hands us his gun, and each of us a mag, we talked for a while, and he starts telling us he owns a company that makes gun products and they make a belt fed upper in 9mm, so one of my friends bought one, he shot it a few times, and started having a problem with it, so he called the person, and met him at the factory and he fixed it while he waited!, it was one of the owners!, before it was freedom ordnance it was alliance armament (thats another story) and alliance sold a conversion upper for mac 9's and a guy on here (ingo) owned one, and he was having problems after alliance was closed, he contacted freedom, and they fixed it!.

i asked the owner if they could thread a barrel for me, i have a 10/22 heavy barrel that i wanted to put a suppressor on, he said he could, and 3 weeks later they contacted me (i told them there was no hurry, and if they didnt want to thread it that was ok), they had it for a week and charged me a great price!

and the owner works on the floor! he's the only person who welds the ejector in place! (he just started training another person to do that, and i know him, he's a good dude too).

all in all, im not surprised to hear that they take care of their customers!, i'll see the owner i know this week, and i'll be sure to tell him about this post!

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    If you could shootersix I have a great idea if you would tell the owner. I think they should make a T-shirt with there logo on the back of the shirt and there name on front left pocket. I know what you are thinking what a great idea! I know for a fact that he will sell 4 of them.
    Let him know that they do a great job. The lady that took care of my problem was very friendly and nice.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I’ve been really tempted by their FX-9 pistol. I have yet to see one in person, but that’s probably a good thing because I have no doubt my credit card would be out of my wallet.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Just picked up the FX-9 pistol,love the feel of the gun. First 150 rounds of my reloads had about 12 FTE was not happy but thought maybe needs a break in , went back to range and ran 150 different factory loads and only had 2 FTE , I hope next trip will be 0 FTE . Glad to hear they are good to work with incase I need to ship back. I have to say it is a blast to shoot

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Just picked up the FX-9 pistol,love the feel of the gun. First 150 rounds of my reloads had about 12 FTE was not happy but thought maybe needs a break in , went back to range and ran 150 different factory loads and only had 2 FTE , I hope next trip will be 0 FTE . Glad to hear they are good to work with incase I need to ship back. I have to say it is a blast to shoot

make sure you follow the factory ammo recommendations! i think they say no winchester white box, but wolf steel case is good to use

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’ve been really tempted by their FX-9 pistol. I have yet to see one in person, but that’s probably a good thing because I have no doubt my credit card would be out of my wallet.
    Come up to Fort Wayne. I believe Wrigley Sales and ZX Gun both have the pistol version.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

The FX-9 upholds Xtreme reliability with a wide range of ammo including many hollow point designs for self defense, full metal jacket and copper plated bullets.
    We do not recommend the use of non jacketed/plated ammunition as unprotected lead can cause fouling and buildups that plated and jacketed bullets do not.

Do Not use aluminum case ammunition in your FX-9 !!

We recommend starting with the following Ammunition.
    -115 gr. FMJ Tulammo®
    -115 gr. FMJ MAGTECH®
    -124 gr. JHP SIG SAUER® Elite Performance

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I kind of want one of these... But there are a few different hand guard lengths/shapes/muzzle device combinations (I gather, based on the age of the gun).

The one I've handled, I don't think my incoming 9mm suppressor will fit under/into the hand guard. And I'd rather not have to modify the hand guard on something brand new.

A pistol of theirs where the hand guard definitively stops a half inch or so before the threads on the barrel would be nice.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I shot a freedom pistol, I was hitting a 6 in plate at 100 yards till it got boring, didn't have any problems, no jams, no hiccups, no stumbles, it ran perfectly!

I made a comment to the owner and said, how long till you make a lower that takes sig p320 mags? his reply was "were running 24 hours a day making the glock mag version it's not even on my mind!"

my friend who works there is working 12 hours a day 5 days a week! and they do everything in house! they make rails, they make the barrels! they bought a cnc machine to make the rails!, I'm not sure if they do their own ceracoating or not, another friend says he does it for them, and he just opened a shop close to them.

its really cool to know that theres a shop 20 minuets from my house that makes one hell of a good pistol and rifle!

if I wasn't so set on a p320 lower, i'd be chomping at the bit for a freedom fx9!

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    What ammo where you running I looked it the manual and it didn't say a thing about what to run had to look it up on website

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What ammo where you running I looked it the manual and it didn't say a thing about what to run had to look it up on website

Any ammo but aluminum case should be fine. And that's just going by the website, I've never actually tried aluminum case.

Mine eats Winchester 9mm NATO 124 grain FMJ like candy. :)

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Any ammo but aluminum case should be fine. And that's just going by the website, I've never actually tried aluminum case.

Mine eats Winchester 9mm NATO 124 grain FMJ like candy. :)
    Have you ran any reloads, was there a break in period?

Top Bottom