• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I like my lcp custom for pocket carry. Hogue handall grip along with viridian reactor 5 laser and holster. Fort wayne tactical 5.5lb trigger kit. Extended 7 round factory mag as well as 2 back-up mags and running federal 99gr hst jhp.
    Lots of options out there nowadays, but for a true pocket carry this is my go to.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I like my LCP. I also have the S&W Bodyguard in .380 with the laser. It’s ok but bulkier than the LCP. It has a safety if you like that. Both conceal nicely in the pocket but the LCP is lighter and more comfortable. You can get both in 9mm as well.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have the Keltec P3AT and the Ruger LCP. The Ruger feels better in my hand, but I shoot the Keltec better.

Either way, you have to keep your wrist stiff when shooting these tiny guns. Wimpy grip = lots of malfunctions. It takes significant practice to be able to shoot decently with these, and even then you have to recognize their limitations.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    LCP 2 in whatever pocket holster you like, cheap , reliable and honestly IMHO it's the best pocket 380 on the market. Personally for me I have yet to find a 9mm that meets "pocket carry" for me but then again I am just a young hipster who wears skinny jeans occasionally

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    On a whim about 6 months ago, I picked up a Remington RM380. I was very pleasantly surprised. About 500 rounds, no issues at all. Real soft recoil, excellent fit and finish. It is somewhat of a pain to disassemble, but aside from that, it's a real nice gun.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Glock 42 would be my choice for a small concealed carry but too many people take the "pocket carry" literally. Pocket carry without a holster is beyond stupid. I would estimate that 90% of the people I see at the range carrying in their pocket DON'T use a holster. It's very difficult to practice drawing with a pocket holster without sweeping yourself so no practice raises the odds of a self inflicted wound (very counter productive) before you get into the fight. Although it's easy and comfortable I don't consider any sort of pocket carry as an option for me personally.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I got a little .380, I was leaning toward a Colt Mustang. It doesn’t seem to be highly recommended.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I, too, had a Ruger LCP and while it was a great pocket gun and I could make good repeatable hits with it, I upgraded to the Glock 42 about a year after it came out. For me, better shootability, the slide locking back after the last round, proper sights, pins that did not work out under recoil, being able to mount a Streamlight TLR-6 and Glock reliability made for a significant upgrade in exchange for losing a small amount of concealability. Having the confidence that I have a weapon that I trust and can shoot well goes a long way as well.
    So, my vote is for the Glock 42.
    250 Club!.jpg

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I own a Bersa Thunder 380 CC, a Springfield 911, and a FEG R61. All three are great for carrying, but I also hear a lot of good about Ruger and S&W .380s.

Top Bottom