• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...
    Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
    Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."
    Glocks work. Period. End of story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
    Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don't own a Glock. I rented one once but the LGS told me my IQ would not allow them to sell to me. What am I to do?:(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am really not wanting to get into this Poop slinging side show but as to the most battle tested...???
    We have all seen every type/kind of pistol have failures. We have also seen every type/kind of pistol have advantages/disadvantages over others.

I still do not care for the G****. I do not want one pointed at me as I am fairly certain it will go off if the operator wants it to (or not as has also been shown)

Choose your poison. If it works for you great. Use it. Practice with it. Become as one with it.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    "Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling "

Fairly certain that distinction belongs to the AK.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I am really not wanting to get into this Poop slinging side show but as to the most battle tested...???
    We have all seen every type/kind of pistol have failures. We have also seen every type/kind of pistol have advantages/disadvantages over others.

I still do not care for the G****. I do not want one pointed at me as I am fairly certain it will go off if the operator wants it to (or not as has also been shown)

Choose your poison. If it works for you great. Use it. Practice with it. Become as one with it.

This! Coming from a man who hunted dinosaurs with a rock. Lol

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    "Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling "

Fairly certain that distinction belongs to the AK.

The original 1911/1911A1 design would certainly be right behind the AK. (current modifications and manufacturers not withstanding).

I have shot several G****s and know several people who swear by them (including my son), but I wouldn't own one personally. I'm not knocking them or people who like them, but I can think of a half a dozen platforms that I think are superior. :twocents:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've owned several Glocks over the last 25 years or so, and every one of them except one worked flawlessly right out of the box.
    The one that had some issues was a Glock 21 from 20 years ago or so that had feeding issues.
    I sent it back to Glock and they made it right.

YES, I have nicer pistols that I prefer and like much better.

THE MAIN thing I like about Glocks is they're a simple utilitarian pistol that goes 'bang" when I squeeze the trigger.
    If it gets dinged, scratched or the finish gets worn, etc, it's not a tragedy.
    And they don't cost a ton of money.

Lastly, if God forbid I have to use it in a self defense situation, it's not going to **** me off as much when the police swipe it from me and never give it back, EVEN though I was exonerated in my use of it, because I won't have a large amount of money in it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it gets dinged, scratched or the finish gets worn, etc, it's not a tragedy.
    And they don't cost a ton of money.

Lastly, if God forbid I have to use it in a self defense situation, it's not going to **** me off as much when the police swipe it from me and never give it back, EVEN though I was exonerated in my use of it, because i won't a large amount of money in it.

^^^^^This I can totally agree with.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So this is an example of why I like Glocks more than Glock fan boys (which isn't saying much). They just make up **** and expect everyone to be dumb enough to believe it all.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My primary EDC is a Glock 19. I like it OK but don't love it. There are other pistols that I shoot more accurately and point more naturally for me.

I've owned 4 Glocks over the years and all of them have had hiccups of some sort early on, especially the G42 which I personally could never get to function reliably due to big hands and a tight grip. I traded it off and the new owner seems to like it fine.

I've had minor feed issues with all of them, including failures to feed, failure to eject. One would not reliably lock the slide back on an empty mag, mainly due to my thumbs riding the slide, but again, an issue I had to deal with. Certainly not "perfection."

I think anyone who claims they've never had a single failure of any kind with a Glock doesn't shoot or train enough. Mine have all smoothed out with use, but usually it takes 1500-2000 rounds to get any where close to "pefection."

I've had to experiment with different sights, backstraps and grip sleeves to finally get to something I like and can shoot with combat accuracy and effectiveness. I will not win any marksmanship competitions with a Glock, but I can get reliable hits on center mass. That's all I ask out of a carry gun.

One thing I will say is that I've never had a failure to fire or a squib. If the round feeds, it goes bang when I pull the trigger.

I carry a Glock because they don't have a safety, are relatively inexpensive and mags, holsters and sights are easy to find. I know the gun will withstand a variety of physical conditions like weather, water, snow, ice, hot, cold. I also don't care if it gets dropped, scratched or scuffed.

Glocks do everything pretty well, but it's silly to think they are the best at everything and right option for everyone.

Top Bottom