• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Okay, so I did a quick search and couldn't really find anything within the last year. Sorry if this has been covered.

I watched a few videos on you-tube, and am really intrigued with the laser training apps that are available to go with the laser cartridges. I really think this could be a useful cold weather dry fire training aid. I am curious if anyone has experience with laser lyte, G-Sight, or some of the cheaper alternatives. Is laser lyte really worth double the price? Is there that big of a quality difference? Which ones are good, which ones are junk? Looking for any real experience with them. Would love to get my "feet wet" with a cheaper version, but don't want to throw money away either.

Shollz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    i used a buddy of mines laser lyte once. While it was nice, it is just not the same without the recoil on followup shots. Hard to beat just sending lead down range for practice. except for the cost that is. That is the only one I have tried

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have the G-Sight laser and use it a few times a week. About 6,400 trigger pulls since last February. I downloaded and use the I-Target app on my phone though. It was free and using a bulls-eye target it does a good job of keeping score so I can track my shooting. I shoot at 7, 6, and 4 yards with both hands, usually 30 - 50 shots at each distance. Then I'll do single hand at 4 yards, left and right. Also do holster draws, not using sights, and combinations of holster draw, single hand, no sights. Record how I do and track performance over time. Also good to break down the sequences, such as reloads and draws, I have four magazines with a couple snap caps in each. I use a Browning 1911-380, single action, so I do not rack the slide at all, just cock the hammer and pull the trigger. After four weeks of use I doubled my live fire accuracy, I put 80% of my shots in a 2" bulls-eye at 7 yards. I think a laser is excellent for a beginner.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I practice with iTargetPro and MantisX. iTarget allows the position of the hit to be captured and MantisX tracks the movement of the pistol during the firing cycle. The only disadvantage of this paired system is the results are recorded separately on Android phones. The MantisX can be used for dryfire or live fire.

Top Bottom