• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    How do you like the Springfield XDS? Seems like a great carry gun with it's compact size and nice sights. Anyone have one and like them? I'm considering one after checking it out at the LGS.

Thanks!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've had 3 in the past. The regular 3.3 45acp, a 4" 45acp, and a 4" 9mm. I don't own any of them now. I liked the 4" guns better. The guns themselves seemed okay. They shot well, were accurate. carried decent.

That being said, I will never own another Springfield. The recall on the XDs was a complete pooch screw, full of lies and handled like crap. Let's also not forget one of their more recent debacles.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d-armory-sold-out-our-neighbors-illinois.html

If another company (that doesn't tend to screw over it's customers as much) made the XDs then I may still own one. As it stands now, I wouldn't own any product from them even if it was given to me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I carry a 4" 9mm. It has a over 1000 rounds including a training class. I've never had an issue with it. I bought it new in 2015.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-real-world-reviews/389445-review-xds-9mm-4-0-a.html

For me, it's perfect. With the 7, 8 and 9 round magazine options, I can choose how concealable I want it to be. The flush fit 7 round for true concealment and the 9 round for winter OWB, around the house, range work etc.

Some will complain about the grip safety. Personally, I like it. When reholstering, my thumb goes on the back of the slide. This activates the grip safety and reduces the chances of a ND happening while reholstering. My thinking is I'll reholster a lot more than I try to shoot a bad guy with a less than perfect grip.

It's accurate too. I got a raccoon with it, strong hand omly, at about 15 yards.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ense/438534-my-pistol-saved-life-tonight.html

There is pleanty of aftermarket support for it too. Lots of holsters available for it. Sights too.

I like mine.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Love it. Recall was a pain and a cluster....I had two to send in for recall work. Still have them and 100% reliable. No light primer strikes, FTF or anything.

Like BigTanker - I like the grip safety for that reason. Conceals very well, although I sold off the extended mags and just have the flush fit.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    When there is Glock......really no reason to test the waters on anything else. Go with what works.

I liked the looks of the XDS although couldn't get past Springfields problems and the grip safty was a deal breaker.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Have shot one, seems like a decent gun. Ran well with no issues.

Just throwing this out there, the shield is pretty much the same size and can be purchased for $100 less. Palmetto has the Gen 1 for $249! Could use the difference on mags, holster, etc.
    Just a thought. Personally will never own any Springfield product as I hate the company.

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    Well, I held the Glock 43, S&W Shield and the XDS and XDS was the winner as it felt the best in my hands. So, while my Glock 19 is my EDC, at times when I need a little smaller firearm, the XDS will fill the bill. By the way, the fiber optic front sight really gets on target quickly and the Springfield's trigger is excellent.
    :draw:

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Well, I held the Glock 43, S&W Shield and the XDS and XDS was the winner as it felt the best in my hands. So, while my Glock 19 is my EDC, at times when I need a little smaller firearm, the XDS will fill the bill. By the way, the fiber optic front sight really gets on target quickly and the Springfield's trigger is excellent.
    :draw:
    I have had and can have anything I want,but I carry a xds 3.3.
    Great carry piece and shoots very well for me.
    If your still not sure,go somewhere and rent one to shoot before you buy!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have the XDS45 3.3; my wife has the XDS9 3.3

They are both enjoyable to shoot and reliable. Trigger is good, reset is good.

recoil is what you'd expect from a single stack mini pistol. Lets you know it's there but not painful or unmanageable. follow up shots pretty quick even with the .45

Nice and slim, but still comfortable to hold in my hand. Plenty accurate for a self-defense pistol.

I have a video on my phone of my 13 year old (who is fairly thin for his age) shooting a magazine out of my .45 at two metal targets about 10 yards away, transitioning between them. He wasn't rushed, just relaxed, 6 rounds in about 6 seconds.

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    Shot 100 rounds today and could not be happier. Nice sights, decent trigger, recoil was manageable and quite accurate. Wow, what's not to like?:rockwoot:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Shot 100 rounds today and could not be happier. Nice sights, decent trigger, recoil was manageable and quite accurate. Wow, what's not to like?:rockwoot:

I like the actual gun, it's the other stuff that I don't. The way Springfield has treated their customers, the way they handle service & recall work, the lack of spare factory parts, etc. Try to find spare factory parts.

If it was sold by anyone else I'd still own a couple. I'm not a fan of the company.

Top Bottom